Chapter 52

A'leah

"Welcome to Dr. Williams office, may I have your names?" The receptionist politely asked.

"Alsina." I replied.

The receptionist typed something on her computer.

"You can head back, Dr. Williams is expecting you." She smiled.

I nodded and grabbed August's hand, walking to the back.

"I can't wait ta' marry you." He said, as he held me from behind.

"Me either." I smiled.

He kissed my hand and my cheek. As we approached Dr. Williams office, her door swung open.

"A'leah?" She asked.

"Giselle?" I replied.

August's grip on me grew tighter. I stepped out of her way and held onto August's hand.

"I get out in two weeks. My charges were dropped against me and since I've completed my community service requirement and showed the courts that I'm a stable parent, I can get custody of my son. I won't push for full custody just yet but just know that I'm coming for my son. See you in two weeks." She smiled weakly.

Something about that little speech just made my stomach turn in knots. August led me inside of Dr. Williams's office and helped me sit down.

"Whatever you thinkin', jus' let it go through one ear and out the other. I'on need you ta' be stressin' over nothin' you hear me?" August asked.

"Yes baby."

"Aight."

"I did not know that Giselle was Mason's biological mother. I can't tell you what she shared with me due to confidentiality, but I can say that I have seen a huge amount of growth in her as a woman. In order for her to continue to grow and become a better person, you need to give her a chance. Can you two give Giselle a second chance?" Dr. Williams questioned.

"I guess I could. I just don't want my family to be harmed. August and I are at a good place in our lives. We're trying to get married, he's got an album he's been working on. I just want to continue to be happy."

"I agree. I'a over the bullshit. I jus' wanna get married and live my life wit' my baybeh."

"Alright. Now, it seems like you two have rekindled things since we last saw each other. Tell me about that." She said.

"Leah tried ta' act like she ain't want me." August smirked.

I playfully pushed him and shook my head.

"Well I was talking to another man, and I realized that I was interested in him for the wrong reasons. I was hurting and very vulnerable at that time, so any man that gave me their attention someone I was interested in. Then I realized that I wanted August back and I couldn't live without him." I smiled.

"So many women threw themselves at me on tour but I wasn't interested. Leah was my one and only. I almost messed wit' a female, but it didn't get that far." August explained.

"What do you mean by it didn't get that far?" Dr. Williams asked.

"We almost had sex but I realized she was a virgin and I stopped befo' it went any further. I wasn't tryna lose Leah again by thinkin' wit' my dick. Excuse my language.

"Now A'leah did you know about this?"

"I didn't know the girl was a virgin but I knew she did something with August. The girl August almost messed with had a brother who I was talking to."