Chapter 16 - Temporary Goodbye

Ink's POV

  I sat in my chair next to the window. There seemed to be a different feeling in the air. Father was silent and mother constantly had red eyes due to crying. She refused to tell me why she was upset which in return, made me worry.

  The bedroom door slowly creaked open. I looked in the direction of the noise and saw Lydia. She was carrying a tray with a silver tea set balancing on it. She placed a cup in front of me, proceeding to pour tea into it.

Lydia: Enjoy the tea, young master.

  She said softly, bowing before beginning to clean my room. I sipped from my beverage while thinking about the attack under the blood moon.

  The memory was still vivid to me. Error leaning against the frame of my window, smiling confidently yet menacingly. I had never noticed that his teeth was strangely sharper than normal. Then it happened. The prince pinned me to the ground and buried those dagger-like fangs into my neck. It hurt a lot as my blood dripped from his teeth and tongue onto the floor.

That was the reason why I had been avoiding the forest at night. I feared that something like that would happen again and no one would be there to save me from the prince.

A voice broke me from my thoughts. Lydia stopped her task to glance at the voice as well. It was my father, standing with an authoritative aura.

Father: Leave us.

He ordered my maid. She nodded and left as quickly as she could. He pulled a chair out and sat across from me.

Father: I'm sure you remember his majesty attacking you.

I nodded. Remembering him telling me that Error was a vampire and there was a chance that I was his mate or some crazy shit like that.

Father: Well. The king and I have come to an agreement. You... will be sent to a boarding school.

I almost spit out my tea.

Me: What? Why?!

Father: This is for your safety and his young majesty's safety.

I scoffed as I roughly set my cup down. I startled myself as I didn't want to break the precious porcelain.

Me: You already changed where I study. You are going to do it again? He was the one that attacked me!

Father: He didn't mean to!

His yells caused me to stop talking. Rarely did he yell at me.

Father: I've told you this. His majesty doesn't have enough discipline to control his actions and the blood moon was enough to temporarily push him over the edge into bloodlust.

He took a deep breath and calmed his voice.

Father: However, he is the prince and you are just a lord. Only the king can teach his majesty but you can taught by everyone else. I didn't want to do this but this needs to be done to keep you alive.

I looked down at the table, not speaking a word. My father sighed.

Father: Start getting ready to leave. We leave for Valcon in two hours. I will have maids pack your belongings.

I nodded and he soon left to give me privacy.

(Time Skip)

I refused to speak and I didn't even bother to look out the window as the carriage rolled along the cobblestone roads. My father sat next to me. He told my mother that she shouldn't come as she was in a too emotional state.

I thought about the time of packing. The maids said that they couldn't find my brown scarf and even I looked for it myself. My precious brown scarf was no where to be seen. It saddened me but I didn't have the time to mourn over the loss of it.

There was silence between me and my father. However, he suddenly broke the silence by holding out a bottle to me. I glanced at it with confusion.

Me: What is this?

Father: It is an elixir made by the queen. It's to help with your fear for his young majesty.

Reluctantly, I grabbed the small bottle and drank it. I waited for something to happen but even then, I didn't feel any different.

I looked out the window, being bored out of my mind. My eyes noticed the castle slowly passing by. A part of me wondered what Error had been up to. I saw the rose garden, and instantly noticed Geno and Fresh.

They were watching my carriage. Geno had a sad expression and Fresh's face was unreadable. I never had the time to get to know the middle prince of Zerania.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error's POV

I read a book in my bedroom, listening to Ink's carriage outside. I wanted to watch but the sun was out and I didn't feel like dying. My brothers agreed to give me any information, if there was anything noteworthy.

I heard a heartbeat approach my door. By the extremely slow pace, it told me that it was the king. I groaned as I flipped onto my side to face away from him as he walked into the room.

Father: Your mate has left. He's going to Valcon.

Me: I know.

He sat in the chair and flipped through the pages of one of my books that I used to study.

Father: You will have to start your discipline lessons.

Me: I know.

Discipline was always so important to him. He believed that we had to bend to the mortal rules so we wouldn't put ourselves in danger. I understood but sometimes it got a little annoying.

After a little bit, my father left. I was finally alone once more.

Pushing myself up, I lifted my pillow to show Ink's brown scarf. I had stolen it during the night. His scent calmed me and I didn't want to go five years without it.

'You don't know how much you were torturing me by hiding in fear.'

I placed my pillow back on top of it and laid my head down. An intoxicating sweet scent filled my senses. I loved it.

'Goodbye Ink...

I will see you in five years