Chapter 50 - The Warm Bath

Ink's POV

  I followed a maid down a hallway towards the poolroom. I had never been there but I was told that it was a large marbled room with a big pool centered in the middle. The water was magically heated and it was shallow enough to be able to sit.

  After some dancing, Error and I had retreated to wait for the ball to end. I was going to take a bath while Error finished up some diplomatic matters for the kingdom.

  We eventually arrived at the end of a hallway with two large doors. The guards standing on either side pushed them open for us. The maid handed me a lush towel, bowed to me, and then walked away with the door closing behind her to allow me some privacy.

  I looked around the room. It lived up to my expectations and even exceeded them. The poolroom had an entirely different environment than the rest of the castle. The floors, walls, and columns were a white marble and there was a large sun roof as a ceiling. I saw the moon through the clean glass. The pool, embedded into the ground, took up most of the space and it was shaped like a circle. To finish everything off, in the pool there were two fountains that poured out warm water and bubbles.

  I let out a relaxed sigh before beginning the process of taking my clothes off. After removing the many pieces of jewelry and fancy tunic and pants, I stepped into the warm water. I could feel any aches that I previously had disappear.

  As I enjoyed the peaceful silence, I looked up at the black sky just outside the sun roof.

  It felt strange to be here as it felt like only yesterday that I was in boarding school after the blood moon incident. Everything happened so quickly, from living my normal life to being temporary exiled to becoming a leader of a race I barely knew anything about.

  I cupped my hands together and slowly lifted them out of the water, managing to hold a few shimmering bubbles. They took flight when I released a breath and landed back on the water's surface. I leaned back against the pool's edge and closed my eyes.

  Suddenly the doors of the room opened, I jolted from surprise before quickly moving to hide behind a fountain. My face flushed with embarrassment from knowing that whoever was in the room might see me without clothing.

Error: Relax, I already know what you look like.

  Error's voice, strangely, brought comfort to me. I calmed down but I could still feel the adrenaline rush.

Me: What is it that you need?

Error: I do not need anything. I wanted to relax in the pool.

The calm that I was able to find quickly disappeared and my face grew warm again.

Me: What?!

I turned to look around the fountain to protest to him. I was unsure if he knew that I was nude or not. However my voice failed when I saw him.

The King of Vampires had removed his clothing, folding them neatly and placing them aside. His ecto-body was fit and it faintly glowed with magic. I felt my soulbeat quicken and my face was unbearably hot and covered with a rainbow.

He walked into the pool and made eye contact with me. I hide behind the fountain again and held my breath.

Error: Your soulbeat is really quick, Ink.

Me: I know. It is your fault.

He let out a chuckle from the other side of the fountain. I struggled to not imagine Error's body.

Error: Is it now? Although I am fairly certain that you are secretly enjoying seeing me like this.

I hid my head in my hands and held in my flustered scream. Suddenly I felt water movement which caused me to look up. Error was sitting next to me and staring into my eyes.

As I stared back, I wondered about the kiss from earlier when we were dancing. It confused me in a way. Error had done a lot to anger me but there was something that drew me to him, there was something that connected us. It honestly infuriated me how close I felt to him. It infuriated me even more knowing that he could hear my current thoughts.

Out of a strange instinct, I leaned in and kissed him. Of course, he returned it instantly but unlike the past kisses, there was a certain fire that sparked in me. I felt my hand move up to his neck and then trail down his chest. The vampire gently bit my bottom lip.

His hands slid around my body and pulled me closer to him. Error kissed the corner of my mouth and slowly moved down to my neck. He licked the permanent mark before biting me. The sensation ran through my body, I released a small hum. The vampire's grip around me tightened and his teeth sunk deeper into my neck.

  When I began to feel lightheaded Error pulled away, my black blood dripping from his mouth. When I looked at his red tinted eyes, I realized that I was in trouble.

Me: I think...

I am falling in love with you