Chapter 9 - Confrontation

Error's POV

I walked with Ink through the forest on our way back to the village. My senses were high alert, telling me that something was still watching us.

  My fangs threatened to show themselves but I managed to keep myself under control.

The houses of the village soon came into view as we approached closer to Ink's mansion. The lingering presence disappeared as we stopped at the vine covered wall.

I looked around carefully, waiting for Ink to climb into his safe bedroom. He waved at me before closing the curtains. A smile appeared on my face. I wanted to give him a hug but I didn't want to risk hurting him.

It wasn't long after when I climbed over the stone barrier of the castle and up the trees into the my own place of residence.

  Once closing my window shut, I exited my bedroom to feed and continue my studies.

I walked through the twisting hallways of the castle. I knew them perfectly as they were the only places that I could go without getting in trouble or burning to death.

Everything was quieter at night since less maids and butlers were required. Father and I were usually the only royals still awake with a few exceptions.

I entered the main kitchen ran by servants. Maids cleaned the counters, swept the floors, and prepared food for the coming morning. I was close to them as they often treated me good heartedly.

One of the women looked up to see me. I knew her by Vivri.

Vivri: Your majesty.

She said while giving me a curtesy. This caused the rest to do the same.

Vivri: Are you hungry?

I nodded without saying a word. She smiled and disappeared behind a wooden door.

When I saw her again, she was holding a cup filled to the brim with blood. She handed it to me so I could satisfy myself for another twelve hours.

  I was jealous of my father as he was able to go a week without feeding through the help of mother's blood and the discipline that he possessed.

  Fully grown vampires didn't have to feed as often as young ones. I had to drink blood twice a day because I hadn't matured yet.

The cup was soon drained completely. My hunger dwindled away as I drained every drop of it. I gave the cup back to Vivri. She curtseyed to me before I left the kitchen to head to the library.

It was quiet with my boots being the only sound filling the halls. The curtains were pulled open to let in the moonlight.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway, turning around and narrowing my eyes at a corner of a hallway.

Me: I know you're there, Fresh, show yourself. You know that I have this sense for this specific reason.

After I announced his presence, I saw my older brother come out from behind the corner. There was a sly smile on his face as he stared at me. I felt uneasy by his expression.

Me: What do you want?

Fresh: I caught you sneaking outside. Mother and father would not be happy with you if they found out.

Me: Father already knows.

I turned to leave but Fresh's voice stopped me.

Fresh: I know about you and Ink. Are you really that confident to be around your future mate while you're losing control? That "night" is approaching, bloodsucker.

  He said mockingly as he leaned against the wall. I glared at him, knowing that my eyes were turning red. Fresh continued to speak.

Fresh: If you attack Ink on accident, he'll be scared of you for a very long time. Do you want Ink to hate you until the end of your days simply because you couldn't control the monster inside of you?

  I instantly lost it, tackling my older brother onto the floor and putting my fingers around his neck to strangle him. My vampiric side was feral.

Me: Give me a reason why I shouldn't drain you of your blood.

  I growled through gritted teeth, showing my fangs in the process. Fresh grabbed my wrists and tried to push me away however, I was too strong.

Fresh: You have recently fed. You're too full to do that. I'm your damn brother anyway, you psycho.

He said through a struggling voice as he tried to his best to breathe.

Me: Then I'll just kill you.

  My fingers around his neck tightened even more, further keeping him from breathing. My older brother soon slowed in trying to push me off him.

  However, I was pulled away by a pair of hands. I growled but didn't attempt to get away. Fresh grabbed his throat as he used his boots to back away from me, gasping for air.

Soldiers ran to his aid which caused me to look around. Soldiers were surrounding us with my parents standing nearby.

Geno stood next to father with a concerned expression on his face. I couldn't help but imagine ripping his soul out when I looked at my eldest sibling. I needed blood.

The hands holding me kept me from killing anyone. As time past, the urge to kill within me burned out. I relaxed and stood up straighter.

Me: Please let go.

The armored hands around my arms gently let go. The soldier quietly apologized to me before stepping back.

Father stared at me before motioning with his hand.

Father: Escort Prince Error to his room. The sun is raising and begin...

Preparing for the Bloodmoon