Chapter 31 - Territory Conflict

Error's POV

  I stared out the large window of my bedroom, seeing that the last of the kingdom lights had died out. I saw the Comyet mansion in the distance and a light in the window. I relaxed knowing that Ink was safe in his bedroom. However, my peace was interrupted by a heartbeat approaching my door.

Me: You may enter, Xander.

  I said before he could even knock on my door. Creaks sounded when it slowly opened and the footsteps of the servant approached me from behind.

Me: Speak.

  My voice said deeply, not bothering to turn my attention from my mate's mansion.

Xander: Your father wishes to see you, your majesty.

Me: About what?

Xander: He would not say.

  A sigh came from me as I shifted my body to face my butler. I walked past him and headed into the hallway towards my father's office. Xander quickly followed behind me in silence.

  When I reached the entrance of the office, the guards that stood next to it opened it for me. Xander stayed behind to allow privacy with my father.

  The office was dark, perfect for my vision. The sound of a feather scratching against parchment filled the large room and I could almost sense my father's hunger for my mother's blood.

Me: You wanted to see me?

Father: Yes. Sit down.

  He said while motioning towards the chair that was positioned directly across from him. I found my spot and stared at him until he finally decided when the right time to speak was.

Father: You know that your crowning is in a month, correct?

Me: I do.

Father: Then I am certain that you understand the importance of having your mate with you when you leave for Kilkree.

Me: I do.

Father: Then why have you not made much progress in gaining Lord Comyet's love?

  A frustrated growl slipped through his fangs. I narrowed my eyes at him, my irises turning red as I knew he was going to challenge me for authority over my own decisions.

Me: Because I had to regain Ink's trust first before I was given the thought of hope of having a second chance.

Father: We do not need second chances.

  His red eyes locked with mine. I released a small growl, I was threatened.

Father: I grow tired of waiting, Error. Our kingdom is in need of their rulers. Any longer and Kilkree may fall into disorder or fall under the control of mortals that think themselves as holy servants and we as sinners.

Me: Then what do you want me to do?

  I snapped at him, fully expecting him to snap back. Hunger could make a vampire a bit angry.

Father: Be a vampire! Use your magic for once!

Me: You want me... Ink would never forgive me for that.

Father: I do not care what it takes anymore. You are ready to be king but it is impossible to rule our kind without your mate, both physically and mentally.

  I looked away, letting him know that he won the challenge and that he had control over my next action.

Father: I will talk with the advisor and set up a date for you and Lord Comyet. When he is relaxed enough and is trusting of you...