Chapter 30 - Red Eyes

Ink's POV

  I read a book in the courtyard of the castle. The sun was setting, telling me that I had to leave soon.

  My hand went to my neck. The bite was healing and it hurt occasionally. Xander had been taking care of it while I was here but my father did not approve of my presence in Zerania. He advised that I should return to Valcon and wait until his majesty finished his lessons with discipline.

  I looked around the courtyard. I had not seen Reaper for some time but I heard that he was at Geno's side, or at least trying to. I spoke with the werewolf a few hours ago and he seemed to be distracted by the king.

  My thoughts were suddenly stopped when I felt a discomfort in my finger. I looked at it and saw blood slowly dripping down, a paper cut.

  I sighed as I put my finger in my mouth to clean off the wound. As I did, I wondered if Error could smell it.

'Most likely. He has stated he as phenomenal senses. Is being a vampire beneficial?'

Error: Not exactly. It is hard when you live in a place that does not accept who you are but it is something I have to live with until I am able to leave.

  My attention snapped to him. It was difficult for me to adjust to his abilities.

  Error was wearing his cloak, shielding any sunlight that still remained in the sky. I could not see his face but the prince looked to be tired.

Me: Are you-

Error: To clean the blood? Yes. Although I am also here to spend time with you.

  He responded as he found a seat next to me. I noticed he was wearing a pair of gloves that hid his colorful hands.

  Error gently grabbed my finger and licked the blood off it. I felt my cheeks become covered in rainbow blush, secretly being thankful that no one saw us being this intimate over a simple paper cut.

  The prince quietly hummed as he began to drink, taking the opportunity to feed. This hurt much less than him piercing my neck with dangerously sharp fangs.

Me: You said you would clean my cut, not makeout with it.

  I joked, attempting to hold back the smile that was trying to grow across my cheeks. Error blushed lightly and looked away but kept a soft hold of my hand.

Error: I apologize. It is hard resist you after so many years.

Me: What does it feel like?

Error: There is this constant urge to feed, to satisfy the animal inside. We could lose control if we do not feed our hunger. You make it difficult for me restrain that temptation, love.

He spoke deeply, making me feel warm for some reason. When he looked up I saw that his irises were red. I stared at them for a few seconds.

'I never realized that his eyes were so... fascinating. I want to get a better look at them.'

  I used my free hand to slowly push the hood of Error's cloak out of the way, stilling being cautious to not let the setting sunlight touch him.

  Error blushed but did not make any movements.

'I could stare into them forever. They look like swirling pools of blood.'

  I shook my head, breaking me out of my entranced thoughts. I blushed from embarrassment and moved my eyesight from the prince.

Me: Stop staring at me, your majesty. Your eyes are making me think strangely.

  The prince kept his gaze. I realized that he was doing this on purpose. I was conflicted if I enjoyed his staring but I did not reject it.

  The prince leaned in, stopping only a few spaces between our lips. I closed my eyes and the beat of my soul sped up.

Error: Are you scared?

Me: A little. I have never... kissed anyone before. Especially a male.

Error: Shall we try something new?

  I remained silent and allowed Error to continue. He leaned in...

Connecting our lips