Chapter 8 - Presence

Error's POV

I sat at the large dining table, watching the many maids and butlers put plates of food in front of us.

The dining hall was large with violet curtains hanging from the tall ceiling. A crystal chandelier hung above us and gold lined almost every corner of the room. Marble tile covered the entirety of the floor and was accompanied with a long velvet carpet.

I sat between Geno and Fresh while mother was seated next to father. I was close to my brothers but there were always those small moments of bickering and arguments.

A chalice of blood was placed in front of me which sparked my hunger. My hand slowly grabbed it before bringing to my lips. The bitter yet sour taste temporarily satisfied my need for blood.

We shared small talk with one another over the coarse of dinner. Suddenly, Fresh spoke about something that caught all of our attention.

Fresh: A little bird told me that you made a friend, Geno.

My eldest brother didn't break eye contact with his plate however blush appeared on his face.

Geno: I might have.

I looked at Geno while giving him a sly smile.

Me: You have friends?

Geno glared at me as he took another bite of his food.

Geno: I appreciate the comment, Error, but that was not needed.

  There was a unthreatening growl that came from him. I grinned as I turned back to my cup.

Fresh: It's that boy with the brown scarf, he comes here everyday. His name is... Ink, if I have not been mistaken. I saw him when he came to drop off paintings for mother and now he comes here to study.

I choked on a sip of blood when Ink's name was mentioned. I quietly coughed while trying to act like I did not just choke myself on accident. However my entire family noticed.

Geno: Are you alright?

Me: I am fine. I just swallowed wrong.

  Looking up, I saw that father was staring at me. His eyes met mine while he took a bite the same type of food as the others. I knew that he had recently fed on mother's blood as his eyes weren't red.

A vampire is satisfied for a longer period of time when they feed from their soulmate. That's one of the reasons why love is so important to us.

  I licked the remaining blood from my fangs and lips before standing up to excuse myself. The sun had already set and I wanted to see Ink again. Xander followed behind me while we walked through the long hallways.

  When we entered my bedroom, I went to the window and pulled open the curtains. Xander's voice interrupted my actions.

Xander: You are going see him again, your majesty?

Me: Yes.

Xander: Pardon me for going against you but I am not quite sure that is the best idea as of late. It is in one month and I can tell that it is already affecting you.

  There was silence in the room as I thought to myself.

Me: I still want to see him.

  I spoke quietly, putting my foot on the window sill and climbing out onto the tree branch.

Xander: Try to keep yourself controlled, your majesty.

Me: I will try.

  My voice was quiet as I headed down the castle.

(Time Skip)

  I hung from a tree branch upside down, letting my mind clear. The wind blew gently and the temperature was cool under the soft glow of the moonlight. Rustling leaves was calming to me which helped greatly with straightening out my thoughts.

  My eyes opened when a sweet smell grew stronger. I twisted sideways and saw Ink cautiously walking through the trees. His hands tightly gripped the strap of his satchel.

  A wide smile appeared on my face but I slightly restrained it to keep my fangs hidden.

The action of jumping down scared Ink. He glared at me but I could tell that he was holding back a smile.

Me: Salutations, Ink.

Ink: Hello, Error.

Me: Care to walk with me?

He slowly nodded, joining me at my side while we moved through the forest.

Ink: I noticed that you are wearing royal clothing.

Me: There is no point in hiding since you now know my deepest darkest secret, that I'm the youngest prince of Zerania. I'm bond to the rules of the society and held to the highest expectations.

I held my hand to my forehead while exaggerating my voice.

Me: I am forced to attend stupid tea parties and discuss boring topics like "What is the best way to conquer?" I don't even like tea.

Ink softly laughed at my attempt to be dramatic. I smiled however, it went away when I sensed a familiar presence. It wasn't a threat but...

There was something watching us

A Quick Discussion

I would like to thank ammescheee9

They helped me with this idea when I had no idea what to write about.

Round of applause for them. <3