Chapter 12 - No Time Left

Error's POV

I laid on my bed while staring at the black ceiling. My body was restless due to the every approaching blood moon. It was tomorrow which caused me to be nervous.

I was too bored to read and even too bored to hang out with one of my brothers. Although, I was pretty sure that they were fencing together. I had no need of weapons since I was naturally stronger than mortals.

My eyes moved to my window, now boarded up by the orders of my father. He was in the process of securing the castle so neither he nor I could escape to feast on the blood of mortals.

With a sigh, I pushed myself up from the bed and walked out of my bedroom.

Despite the curtains being closed, the hallway was too bright for my eyes. My senses were heightened, my taste, hearing, sight, smell, even touch, everything. All of this was because of that damned moon.

I suddenly stopped walking when I heard the deep voice of my father coming from the master bedroom. I listened carefully while making sure not to make my presence known to him.

Father: You don't need to worry about me, love. I'll just be in the dungeon for one night. You should really be concerned about our son. He's too young to be subjected to a silver cage.

He sighed, seeming to be too distracted to accurately use his senses to detect me. I heard the bed creak which told me that he had sat down. My father laughed with a faint tone of defeat.

Father: And to think that I had made sure that both Error and I had a larger amount of blood yesterday... it would be for nothing. The blood thirsty monsters inside of us will still come out and attempt to drain everything in sight.

He went silent but it was broken when the angelic voice of my mother softly spoke out.

Mother: But in the end, even after losing control for one night. You would still be the same man that I fell in love with. Vampires have the same right to living as mortals do. You're just like us with some differences.

I backed away and continued my way down the hall. The words of the queen did not stick with me, but the king's did.

'Are we supposed to be like this? Murderous monsters that would do anything for a drop of blood. How can we safely live with soulmates if we are like this every year? They would be in the way danger constantly. I want Ink to love me but I don't want to kill him out of blind hunger.'

  I felt tears form at the corners of my eyes as I continued down the hall.

  My senses failed to detect the people in front of me as I bumped into someone. Looking up, I saw Geno and Fresh. They had their rapiers at their waists, telling me that they had been sword practicing.

  My older brothers noticed the tears that were under my eyes.

Geno: What's wrong, Error?

Fresh: You never cry.

  Hearing their concern for me, I felt myself start to cry. I didn't bother hiding my fangs that were extended.

Me: I'm... scared for what might happen. Father and I could harm several people.

It didn't take long for my older brothers to pull me into a hug.

Fresh: Everything will be fine. Just stay wherever father puts you and you'll be fine.

Geno: And don't touch anything silver. We know that it burns you like the sun.

We backed away, giving me space and a moment to wipe away my tears.

It was the time to have supper, the only part of the day when everyone was awake. It was my breakfast and their late meal.

When we entered the dining hall, I had to shield my eyes from the chandelier that was lit up with magic fire and the candles that burned on the table. Everything was so bright.

  My family sat at the table to eat. However there was only silence between us. No one dared to speak in caution of angering either the king or the youngest prince.

  This gave me time to think as I sipped from awfully bitter blood.

'I don't want to kill anyone. Maybe... tonight...

I'll hide in the forest until it's over