Chapter 26 - Blue Moon

Ink's POV

  I panted heavily, my boots bounding against the grassy floor. I had no knowledge of how far I was in the forest. All I knew was that I needed to get as far as away as possible and hide.

  I stopped to catch my breath, looking around. Suddenly, I heard bark next to me.

It seems that Reaper had followed me into the forest in his wolf form. He was sitting, staring at me with his black eyes.

Reaper: I saw you running towards the forest and I thought you were in danger. What are you doing?

He asked, tilting his head to the side.

Me: Running.

Reaper: From who?

The tone in his voice became filled with concern as he stood up.

Me: From Error.

Reaper: Oh. Okay.

  The wolf said before turning around and walking away.

Me: Where are you going?

Reaper: I know that you are not in danger. So I am going to back to the castle to continue seducing a king.

Me: I wish you luck. Geno can be quite stubborn.

  He nodded to me.

Reaper: I wish you luck as well. Try not to let things get too heated between you two.

Before I could say anything else the wolf trotted off behind the trees, once again leading me to be alone. I had almost forgotten that I was trying to hide. I was not certain of how much time I had left before Error would come to find me.

  I looked around, trying to find a hiding spot. Hiding in the trees was not the best as Error could easily see me. My eyes moved towards the floor, seeing a den that had been dug at the bottom of a tree.

  I walked closer to it to get a better look. It seemed to be an abandoned den that had not been used in quite some time. With some effort, the hole was big enough for me to slide into it and hide under the roots.

  A sigh slipped from my lips. I placed my hand to my forehead.

Me: Why am I doing this? There is no reason for me to be running or to be scared. Error will not hurt me. At least, I hope he doesn't.

  After rebuilding my confidence, I climbed into the den and curled into a ball. It was quite warm despite the dirt being somewhat damp from recent rain. I closed my eyes and took the time to think.

'What does the blue moon do to vampires? Reaper had claimed they became touchy but what he said before he left, it alluded to something much more intimate. I am starting to get annoyed by people not telling me the truth.'

  Suddenly I heard footsteps. My eyes opened and I peeked out the entrance of the den. I saw a pair of boots. The leather was a dark grey color and the soles were perfectly made. I could tell they belonged to a prince, Error to be exact.

  I covered my mouth to silence my breathing as the prince stopped directly in front of the den that I was hiding in.

'Does he know that I am here?'

Error: Where are you, love? I can smell you but I cannot see you. The night of my birthday is still fairly young, I hope you are giving me a challenge~

  He said seductively. Eventually, he walked off. After waiting for a few seconds, I took a deep breath and calmed down. The soul in my chest beated quickly and I never knew that I was holding my breath until I was able to relax once more.

  I adjusted the position that I was in, trying to get more comfortable. I was planning on staying in the small hole until the game was finished.

  A voice suddenly spoke. I froze, becoming startled as I thought I was alone. I looked out the den and saw Error. He was sitting on the ground with his back resting against the trunk of the tree.

Error: Are you comfortable in there? You should come out though, your clothes might get dirty.

  I sighed, knowing that I had lost. It didn't take long for Error to find me and a part of me knew that was going to happen. With a bit of help from the vampire, I climbed out the den.

  My hands wiped off the dirt from my clothes as best as they could and I looked up at the sky. The blue moon had barely even reached the middle of the sky, meaning that it was going to be a long time before the sun arose again.

  Error glanced at me. His eyes looked more like the ocean the longer time passed. They were quite beautiful to look at.

Error: That was not very difficult. I do applaud you for finding a decent hiding place.

  He said while gently clapping his hands together.

Error: Now. Do you know what happens next?

  I nodded. Turning my body towards him, tilting my head to the side, I offered my blood to him. The prince wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned down towards my neck.

  The sharp fangs grazing against my neck sparked sudden anxiety in me. I was afraid of the pain.

Me: Please be gentle.

Error: ...

I'll try