Chapter 34 - Start of a New Life

Error's POV

The empty halls of my new home echoed as I walked through the castle. Not far behind was Ink, who was still in a trance by my magic. A maid led us around as she stated what was what and where it was. She was a vampire like me, though a far weaker one. The curtains were pulled closed as the sun had rose into the sky.

  It was quite unlucky that we arrived just as the morning came and as the sunlight took control from the moon. I was rushed into the castle by the servants to keep me from burning alive. Most of the servants were vampires but a good amount of them were actually mortals or a different race. My kind took care of the place during the busier hours in the night and the rest worked during the hours we were asleep.

  My attention was brought back to the maid when she motioned down a large hallway.

Maid: This is the north wing. Down here is where yours and his grace's bedroom is located. We also have a special suite for important guests here.

Me: His grace will stay his first nights in the extra bedroom while he is under a spell.

  She nodded, leading us down the hallway. Ink's temporary bedroom was to the left and our bedroom was directly at the end. Guards in bronze armor guarded both rooms. They spoke no words as they pulled open the doors of the guest bedroom for us.

  The room was spacious with one wall leading to a balcony. The curtains had been closed beforehand so the light would not hurt either the maid nor I. A large bed was set to the end, having violet sheets and a white oak frame. There was a chair placed next to a fireplace with bookshelves not too far away. It was a perfect place for someone to drink tea or even draw.

  I glanced at my mate and saw that he still had that entranced expressionless face. I looked away in guilt for a split second, not knowing what I should do next when he wakes up. However I would have to think of that tomorrow as I needed to get some rest.

  I thanked the maid, allowing her to leave to return to her duties. Ink and I stood still in the bedroom. I approached him from behind before speaking a command.

Me: Sleep now.

  Ink suddenly collapsed but I was there to catch him. Picking him up, I carried him to his bed and laid him down. Once I had pulled the covers over his body, I kissed his cheek and left the room to retire to my own.

  When the master bedroom doors opened I was greeted with a friendly face. I smiled as the butler bowed to me.

Xander: Good morning, your majesty. While the servants were transferring possessions into the castle, I prepared your bed for you as you are awake quite late.

Me: Thank you Xander.

  I said as he removed my cloak for me. I looked around the room. It was similar to the guest but it had no balcony and the colors were much darker which was easier on a vampire's eyes. This one belonged to my father and my forefathers.

Xander: Before you go to sleep. May I ask of a favor from you?

Me: What is it?

Xander: I wish to become a vampire, your majesty.

  I turned my eyes to him. He did not seem very confident in his favor but I knew that he was a man sure of his own capabilities. I sighed as I thought for a moment.

Me: I will find a good match for you for the venom, whether it be from your soulmate or not. You do know turning a mortal into a vampire is a very delicate and risky transformation, yes?

  He nodded.

Xander: I am willing to take that risk if that allows me to continue serving you, your majesty. I have cared for you ever since you were but a child.

Me: Very well. I have some of the servants search for a vampire that does not have a mate yet. If you die, I will hold a grand funeral for you. If you live, I accept you into my people and there will be a ceremony in your honor for surviving.

Xander: Do you think his grace will want to be turned?

  There was an uncertain answer for that question. Ink has never stated if he would want to become a vampire or not. Of course I would have to win him over into love first before I could even ask him that.

Me: I... do not know. However...

I am hopeful