Chapter 45 - Alive and Safe

Error's POV

I groaned as I slowly woke up from my slumber. My head hurt and I had the immediate instinct to search for blood, specifically Ink's blood.

Looking around, I saw that I had woken up on the floor of the room in the dungeon. The furniture that was supposed to be for me while I stayed there had been torn apart and it all had claw marks on it. From the sight I was beginning to regain my memory. The only thing that I could feel was rage as I could not escape from the silver enclosed room.

I pushed myself off the floor and adjusted my disheveled clothing. My cloak was laying on the one piece of furniture that was left standing after my outburst of violence. It was a chair that was placed at the end of the now ripped apart bed.

The room was abruptly filled with screeching as the silver bared door was opened. I growled from the nauseating sound. My senses were still extremely sensitive to everything around me and such a sound was almost deafening.

A guard had opened the door for me which allowed me to freely walk around the dungeon. I walked past them and entered the main gathering area for the vampires that had already woken up. I saw all ages in that room, adults and elders and even young children.

It pained me, knowing that vampiric children were not safe from going savage despite not having fully matured fangs.

My subjects all looked and bowed to me. I nodded back to them before continuing walking. I found my way to a set of stairs that led up to a doorway. Guards stood watch, soon opening the silver door for me. The world outside was so much brighter than what I remember despite nothing changing.

I shielded my eyes from the bright moon and quickened my pace so I could arrive at the castle sooner. The sweet smell that lingered became stronger the closer I got to my home. There was sense of relief that filled me, knowing that Ink was still safe.

The castle was already lively with the vampiric servants that had woken up before me. When they noticed my scent, they hurried themselves to get everything back to normal. However a single vampire remained standing in front of me, it was Xander.

Xander: Good evening, your majesty. I hope that you had a good rest.

Me: Whatever rest I could after a blood moon. Where is his grace?

Xander: He is in the art room.

He started to lead me down the hallways towards the location that my mate was at. The art room was specially for Ink has I had ordered Xander to bring all of his art supplies from the Comyet Mansion. Ink's father was less than pleased when he saw Xander at his doorstep to collect the items.

The intoxicating sweet scent grew to its strongest when the both of us stopped in front of a light wood door in the hallway of the East Wing. The door was opened and I was greeted with the sight of my mate standing in front of a canvas that was already decorated with paint.

I entered the art room, with Xander following, and announced myself to the mortal. The butler took this moment to clean around the room in order to keep the space clean for Ink to work.

Me: That is lovely picture you have painted, Ink.

Ink turned around, saw me, and thoughts of me kissing him ran through his mind. I held back my smile as I did not want to let him know that I was reading his thoughts.

Ink: It is not finished yet.

Me: It is still lovely nonetheless.

  The mortal was silent for a second before softly whispering, though to me it was the same volume as a normal conversation.

Ink: Thank you. I wanted to paint a picture of the town during the day.

  I listened to him describe the painting but suddenly, the urge to feed increased. I needed to drink blood because I did not have much from the night before, only enough to keep me alive.

  I waited for my mate to finish before I spoke out.

Me: Ink. Would you like to...

Have breakfast with me?