Chapter 15 - Argument

Error's POV

I laid in my bed with my comforters burying me. They felt heavy on me but I was too numb and tired to do anything about it. The small amount of light that forced its way through the curtain covered window was annoyingly bright, despite the blood moon being long over and my senses back to normal.

The sound of my bedroom door could be heard as it slowly opened. By the smell and heartbeat, I knew it was Xander. I didn't bother to shift sides to look at him.

I heard him sit down in a chair that resided a small distance from my bed. He sighed quietly but I could still hear it.

Xander: My deepest apologies, your majesty. I am aware about the previous nights that Master Comyet hasn't been appearing in the forest to see you.

His words immediately reminded me of the night after the bloody event. I stood in the forest, waiting for Ink to show so I could apologize but he never did. I cried so much that night, curled in a ball and crying under the trees and moon.

'He's doesn't want to see me anymore after what I did. He thinks I am a monster.'

That's all I could think.

My personal butler sat there in silence as I cried to myself under my sheets. He got up and left the room once realizing that I wasn't going to talk.

A few minutes had passed when I heard voices from the other side of the door. It was my mother and father.

Father: He needs to come out of his room eventually.

Mother: Go easy on him, Vlad. His soulmate is afraid of him. That's devastating for a vampire.

Father: You weren't afraid of me.

She let out a sigh from my father's statement.

Mother: But you didn't attack me out of blind hunger.

The door opened once more and allowed my parents in. There was a sudden weight change on my mattress and then a gentle hand rested on my covered shoulder.

I knew it was mother automatically as father wasn't capable of showing me affection like this. He must have been sitting in a chair nearby.

Her angelic voice spoke softly to me as she lightly rubbed my arm in a comforting way.

Mother: You haven't fed in days. You must be hungry.

She was right, I was starving. However last time I fed... I almost killed Ink.

The scent of blood filled the room, causing me to unbury myself to look at her. Mother had made a small cut in her arm and was holding it out to me.

Mother: Here you go, baby.

She said while giving me a warm smile. My night vision gave me to the ability to see her perfectly in the darkness of my room.

I gently grabbed her arm and began to satisfy myself off the bitter crimson liquid. Father reacted as well since her blood was sweet to him but he didn't interrupt my feeding. Once I was finished, I cleaned the outside of the cut to prevent creating a mess.

My mother used her thumb to wipe off her own blood that was at the corner of my mouth. She leaned in, gently kissing me on the forehead.

Mother: How about you join us for some tea but first, I want to take you to my apothecary room. I might know something that can get rid of your soulmate's fear of you.

(Time Skip)

My mother had brewed a potion that was able to get rid of Ink's fear of me. She showed me how to make it before giving the small bottle to the royal advisor, Ink's father.

The king took the man into a separate room to hold a private conversation with him. While my mother wasn't looking, I got closer to the door that separated me from the two men. They seemed to be arguing at a whisper level.

Father: The universe has bonded them together, Siegfried. It is impossible to separate them from the love that will eventually bloom between them. You know it's already happening.

Siegfried: I am aware of that, Vlad, but I want to keep my son alive until yours is able to control himself.

Father: It was the fucking blood moon. We can't do anything about it. It's in our nature to lash out on those nights.

I could tell he was trying to hold back on raising his voice.

Siegfried: Even you can agree that the young prince made the stupid discussion about leaving the castle.

The king was silent. The royal advisor angrily huffed.

Siegfried: I will give Ink this elixir and I will not get in between their destiny to love each other. However, I am sending my son to a different kingdom while you discipline yours. Five years, Vlad, get your shit together. Only when they are both twenty...

Will I allow Ink back in this kingdom