Chapter 21 - Invitation

Error's POV (Age: 17)

  I sat at my desk, writing on documents for my father. He had Xander give me a pile of scrolls that I was tasked with reviewing. I quickly found writing my name consistently to be quite boring.

During this time, Xander cleaned the room thoroughly to keep me company as well as to do his job.

Xander: Are you looking forward toward to your eighteenth celebration in a few nights, your majesty?

Me: No because I am not going.

Xander: Why not? It is a celebration for you. The mortals will want to experience the rare sight of their youngest prince and vampires will be there to celebrate you as their future king. Your people have not been able to see their king or their prince for eighteen years.

I sighed as I placed my pen down and stared at my butler.

Me: I know that but no matter who it is, they always ask me the same questions like "When are you getting married and having kids?" and "Whose kingdom are you taking over?". Those are primarily asked by mortals. Vampires are more interested in knowing if I have found my mate yet, which I have, and when I will start living and ruling in Kilkree. I do not want to answer those questions for another hundred times.

I took a small breath after being finished talking. Xander became silent as he continued organizing books on the shelves. I picked up my pen once more and started writing on the documents again.

A few minutes later, Xander cleared his throat before speaking.

Xander: I heard-

Me: I do not want to hear it, Xander.

I interrupted him, feeling myself become annoyed from discussing my celebration.

Xander: Actually, you might want to hear this your majesty.

I sat up straight in my chair and ordered him to tell me what information he had.

Xander: I heard that Master Comyet will be there.

My eyes widened in surprise by the mentioning of my mate's name. A sudden urge of hunger spread throughout my body but I managed to control it.

Me: What?! Why is he returning two years early? I have not finished my discipline lessons yet.

My butler responded with uncertainty. He did not know either, which meant that someone had invited him without my knowing. This somewhat caused me to growl out of frustration. The only other person that I knew would do this was the king.

Standing up from my desk, I left the office and made my way down the hallway towards the court yard. Xander hurried behind me with my cloak in his hands. I wrapped it around my body as the guards opened the door for me.

After walking around the many rose hedges I eventually found my parents and brothers drinking tea under the gazebo. When they noticed my abrupt appearance, they ceased their conversations and looked at me. Xander took the time to catch his breath due to the fast paced walking.

Me: Father. I need to speak with you.

I said, hiding my angered red eyes under the hood. My father nodded and followed me to a secluded location.

Father: What is it?

Me: Why did you invite Master Comyet to my celebration? It is too early for him to return to Zerania.

The king was silent with the expression of confusion on his face. He did not seem to understand my question.

Father: What are you talking about? I have only invited our people from Kilkree. Master Comyet is not one of our kind as of right now.

Me: Then who did? I received word from Xander that he would be coming. I know neither Geno nor Fresh did as they were not privileged with inviting anyone. Did mother do it?

He shook his head and then told me that mother had no desire to. I grew more frustrated as the mystery continued to be unsolved. Everyone that I knew was not the one that had done it. Ink's own father would not allow him back early either.

My father offered me to join them for tea. I sighed before I followed him back to the gazebo. We sat down, joining the rest of the royal family, and began talking with them. I looked down while thinking as I sipped from my tea.

The hot drink was distinctively rose tea. Despite my dislike for the beverage, rose was my favorite amongst the many variations. However I would have rather had a chalice of bitter blood. I was a bit hungry due to the Ink's name being thrown carelessly in conversations.

The more they spoke his name, the more I needed the taste of his sweet blood. Even though I had not tasted the sweet liquid in many years it still lingered on my tongue as I refused to forget it.

  However a part of me was worried that despite all of my training...

I would still lose control