Chapter 35 - Growing Irritation - (Extremely Short)

This chapter only has 402 words. I didn't want to do anything major the first week that I am back into writing so I am taking it nice and slow for a little bit. But I hope this chapter sparks excitement for more chapters.

Error's POV

  A porcelain cup was placed in front of me. The maid waited patiently as I silently picked up the cup and sipped, tasting the bland irony taste of mortal blood. I nodded to tell her that I was pleased by the drink, which led to her bowing to me before leaving.

  I sat alone in the dining room of the castle. I had only been here for a week but Ink has yet to wake up. I closed my eyes and let out a small sigh. However they opened again when I suddenly felt something cold trickle down my fingers.

  Looking down, I saw that my hand had crushed the porcelain cup and it was now covered in mortal blood and my own lifeless blood. I stared at the broken cup and said no words.

  Clearly living alone in a crowed castle has made me become more irritable. Sometimes I wanted to throw a table across the room and other times, I wanted to kill someone.

  The large double doors at the front of the dining room were pushed open. My eyes widened slightly when I saw Xander standing at the doorframe. However he was much different from when I last saw him. He now had the scent of a vampire and the eyes of one. His aging features from when he was mortal had disappeared, making him look younger.

Xander: Good evening, your majesty. I hope that you have had a pleasant experience with the other servants. I am not well aquatinted with them yet.

  I did not respond, looking towards the window that had been opened to let in the night air.

Xander: If I may, I have a question for you.

Me: Speak.

Xander: Do you know what day it is?

  I nodded.

Xander: Good, I was beginning to think that I was imagining the date. No wonder I am feeling quite reckless.

  I made eye contact with him, and I suddenly felt fear.

Me: What? Was there an event today? I have failed to care for plans.

Xander: The... Blood moon is coming soon, your majesty.

  My fears were confirmed and I placed my hands on my knees, trying to keep myself from clawing or throwing the table.

  I did not want my past to repeat, I was already looked at with annoyance by Ink. This blood moon could possibly ruin everything for a long time...

And I am immortal