Chapter 14 - Day After

Ink's POV

Pain shot through my neck, causing me to grit my teeth and groan. My eyes opened from what felt like a death slumber.

I squinted my eyes from the bright morning light that slipped through my partially pulled back curtains. My body felt weak and I could hardly resist the urge to close my eyes and fall back asleep.

However I felt the soft voice of Lydia speak out.

Lydia: Young master. You're awake.

I pushed myself up but it was difficult. Lydia aided me into a sitting position in my bed. I watched her as she grabbed a silver pitcher and pour liquid into a cup. The maid offered it to me which I accepted.

The cup was somewhat hard to hold as my hands could only have a loose grip around it. I slowly raised it to my lips and sipped from the liquid within. I coughed lightly from the unlikable taste.

Lydia: I apologize for the taste, young master. It's medicine mixed with a potion of healing. It's for your neck. I recommend that you drink all of it.

I downed the rest of it, grimaced, and gave the cup back to Lydia. She set the cup on the table and stood up to clean my room.

For minutes, I sat still with my eyes closed. I was tired and in pain. I used my index finger to touch my neck, suddenly feeling fabric covering it. This caused memories to come back to me. They were fogging but I could sill recall fairly well.

I remembered Error pinning me and attacking me. The youngest prince was a vampire. He was my friend that didn't tell me his true secret. He tried to kill me for blood.

I couldn't tell what emotion I felt on the event. Fear, anger, confusion... I wasn't quite sure. I wasn't even sure if I still considered Error a friend or not.

Deep down, I knew had I feelings for him and I wanted to continue calling him my friend but... I was afraid that the previous night would repeat. The survivalist instinct yelled out to protect myself and stay away from such dangers. I didn't know which side to lean on... feelings or survival.

Lydia broke me from my thoughts with a small voice. She had concern in her eyes as she looked at me.

Lydia: Are you alright? You have been silent for around fifteen minutes now.

I nodded without speaking a word. I shifted in the bed before placing my feet on the floor. Lydia stood at my side, keeping me from collapsing.

  She helped me to the chair next to my window. There was a plate of food that sat on the table waiting for me. I hummed a weak "Thank you" before grabbing the silver utensil to begin eating. Lydia exited my bedroom, presumably to fetch my father.

  While I was alone, I touched the wrappings that covered my neck, feeling the fabric again. There was slight pain that spread through the top half of my body which caused me to show an expression of discomfort.

The sun's light through the opened window warmed my cheek. It felt relaxing as for the past few minutes, I felt extremely cold from being weak and lacking blood.

Father: Ink. I need to talk to you about something.

  I turned my head to the door, seeing my father standing there with mother at his side.

Me: If it's about his majesty being a vampire then I've already figured that out.

  I scoffed while taking a bite of my food.

Father: It is but also something that is a bit deeper. You see...

  He paused as he sat across from me before pouring himself a cup of tea. Mother sat on the end of my bed.

Father: The blood moon likes to play cold tricks on the vampires by taking control of their minds and bodies to spread bloodshed.

Me: ... And?

  He sighed, took a sip, and began speaking again.

Father: What I am trying to say is that his youngest majesty did not mean to hurt you. From what I heard from the king, he had no intentions of it either. The young prince can't control himself when in that state... which led to eleven people dying by his hand.

Me: How did he find me so fast?

  He paused for a second.

Father: That is what I have been trying to get to. There could be two reasons for this. One, he's memorized where you live specifically or...

Your his mate