Chapter 32 - Midnight Visit

Error's POV

I took a sip of the blood from the chalice, somewhat grimacing at the sour taste. I cleaned off the remaining liquid from my fangs and the rim of the chalice itself.

I placed the cup on the table next to me and stared at the Comyet mansion. The light of Ink's bedroom and had finally dimmed to darkness. My mate was sleeping. Thinking about it gave me an idea.

Standing up, I approached the railing of the balcony. I put my hands on it before looking down to measure how far the ground was. I closed my eyes and focused my magic before jumping over the edge. As I fell, I shifted into a small bat.

In this form, I was blind but the rest of my senses were heightened. By now, I had already memorized the entire kingdom so I had no problem finding my destination.

Then I found the building that was home to Ink. Shifting back into my mortal form, I stared up at the window. The vines that grew up the wall had grown thicker and covered a wider space of the red brick. The memories of my childhood came back to me.

  It felt different, like two separate stories. Three years ago it was the naive child that made friends with the secret prince. Now, it was the ravenous vampire that fell in love with the elegant artist.

  I sighed before jumping up to the window sill. My hand pushed against the glass and to my amusement, the window slowly opened.

Me: Have you not learned your lesson on locking windows, Ink?

  I stepped into the bedroom and looked around. The scenery had not changed much except for the art pieces that were laid about the room. The scent of vanilla had filled the air which calmed me.

  My gaze eventually landed on the bed. Ink slept peacefully in it, somewhat hugging one of his pillows. I quietly walked towards him, my black cloak flowing behind me.

  I stared at Ink for a few seconds before raising my hand to his cheek, gently grazing my index finger against his ink stain. I leaned down and planted a small kiss on his forehead. Since I had fed only a few minutes ago, there was no urge for me to feed.

  As Ink slept, I sat down in the chair nearby and watched him. I whispered quietly.

Me: After we move to Kilkree, you will be safe there and I will make sure no harm ever comes to you, Ink. If someone did hurt you... I would rip their hearts out for you. I would even conquer kingdoms for you, so that they would feel the pain that was inflicted on you. Others would soon know the true wrath of a vampire when their mate is endangered.

  I released a small breath.

Me: I know you would dislike me saying this but I would kill that mutt without hesitation if that meant protecting you. You know how monstrous I can become during the blood moon... werewolves are no different. Except, werewolves can hide among mortals better than we can.

  I looked out the window to see the moon. I had to leave soon as I had studies.

Me: There is so much that I want to tell you about my people, Ink. I may have never seen Kilkree for myself but I heard from my father that the kingdom is a beautiful place. I want you to see it for yourself and perhaps get inspiration for your art from it. However, I know the first few moments of us moving there would be torture for me. Once you shake off the seduction magic, you will be angry with me and most likely stay in your bedroom for a while.

  With a sigh, I stood up and walked over to Ink once more.

Me: I am sorry for what I am going to do to you in a few days.

I kissed his head again before making my way to the window and stepping over the window sill. I closed the window and shifted into a bat.

(Time Skip)

  I walked through the courtyard, admiring the roses that were kept pristine by Geno. He did take good care of these flowers as he had nothing else to do in his spare time.

  I looked up from the red petals when I smelled a familiar scent, it belonged to my mother. I walked around the corner to find her sitting under the gazebo. She was drinking tea and reading one of the many books from the library. She turned her attention to me when she noticed my movement.

Mother: Good night, Error.

Me: Good night.

  I responded back as I walked onto the wooden flooring the small structure. I made note of the recent bite mark on her neck, the fang markings being my father's. I could smell him on her.

  She motioned for me to join her. Once I sat across from her, I poured myself a cup of tea. I swished the drink around in the porcelain and did not break eye contact from it.

Me: How is your neck? I saw that father has fed recently.

Mother: There is no need to worry about me. I have been bit so many times that it no longer hurts. It actually hurts when he is sexual.

I showed a disgusted expression which killed my urge to drink tea.

Me: Mother, I am already aware that you two frequently have intercourse. I do not need any more details.

She quietly laughed, taking a sip of her beverage. I placed mine on the small saucer before looking out onto the kingdom that slept. My mother suddenly spoke as she flipped the page of her book.

Mother: Your father talked with me about you and your mate. I am sorry that you have to be forceful in this situation. I am sure it would not have taken you long to gain your mate's love if you had a little more time.

Me: There is no need to apologize, mother. I did this to myself the night of the blood moon those many years ago. But now, with my crowning, this is...

The only way