Chapter 28 - Good Evening

Error's POV

I yawned as I sat at the dining table for breakfast. It was early in the evening as the sun began to set. I woke up in an empty bedroom which had ruined my mood as I hoped to see Ink.

  I stared at the bowl of blood. I was hungry, but not for what was in front of me. My tongue was still coated with the intoxicating sweet taste of my mate's blood. It was difficult to stop myself despite my years of discipline training.

  The blue moon made my sexual tendencies worse and I almost did things that Ink would never forgive me for. It was already hard enough to control myself around him.

  With a quiet sigh, I used to a spoon to slowly feed on the bitter red liquid.

  My eldest brother gained my attention through speaking my name. I looked at him, unintentionally giving him an annoyed glare.

Geno: Are you still planning to go to Kilkree?

Me: Yes. I must learn the layout of the kingdom and the people that live there. My crowning is soon but... father says that my subjects would be disappointed if I ruled without my mate by my side.

Geno: Have you made progress?

Me: I am not sure. It is much harder to establish love when your soulmate is a completely different race.

  The king nodded.

Geno: You are right. Mortals do not feel the same as vampires or werewolves do. We are unable to know when we have met our love.

  I twirled my spoon around the crimson liquid. Despite my need to feed, my meal was not very appetizing.

  The dining room became silent as we focused on eating. I thought about my upcoming trip to my future kingdom. My father advised me that I should learn of the people that found residence in Kilkree. Not only did vampires live there, but other races as well. Vampires often had soulmates that were not the same as them and others found refuge from dangers in their own towns.

  My eyes moved to the opened window. The moon had finally shown itself, giving me relief that I was able to go outside without worry.

  Standing up from my stair, I made me way to the entrance doors.

Geno: Where are you going?

Me: Outside. Father started to allow me out of the castle since I'm fully matured and I have my vampiric abilities.

  I responded without looking at my brother, continuing to leave the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink's POV

  I sat on a chair in the middle of my room. My hand guided a paintbrush across a canvas, commanding it to create a picture. This activity had given me the opportunity to focus on my thoughts.

  I returned to my mansion to greet my parents after not have seeing them for some time. They were happy to see me and we even enjoyed a nice dinner together. However, they were not exactly fond of my werewolf friend at the start but they eventually came around to liking him.

  Reaper, being in wolf form, was curled on the floor next to me. Occasionally I could hear small whimpers from him. I remembered that Geno had told me that he kicked my friend out due to his annoyance. I felt bad as I knew how much my friend fancied the king.

  Leaning down, I gently rubbed my hand behind his ear. The wolf leaned in but kept his head on the floor.

Reaper: I appreciate the affection.

  He said, having a tone in his voice that is not common for him. I turned back to my painting, slightly dipping my brush in a new color.

  It was hard to determine if the silence in my room was calming or awkward. I have always found that I liked to paint in silence but it was different this particular time as I was accompanied with another.

  I turned my attention to the door when I heard a knock on it. Reaper shifted into a person as to not unease the mortal on the other side.

  A maid walked in, stopping just past the doorframe. It was one of the older women that had been working there for as long as I could recall. She looked at me with a gentle yet serious expression.

Maid: Young master, Prince Error is here to see you.

  I glanced at the werewolf.

Reaper: Go. I'll be fine.

  I followed the woman down the hall to the living room. I saw Error sitting in a chair, holding a cup of tea that had been offered to him to drink. He stared at the dancing flames of the fire as he held the porcelain to his bottom lip.

  His eyes immediately met mine when he noticed my movement. They were of normal color, not being red or blue. It seemed he was in a calm state.

  As we stared at each other, I could feel something inside of me warm up a little. I assumed it was the fire as I sat down in the armchair across from the prince, adjacent from the hearth.

Me: Good evening, your majesty. What brings you here tonight?

  I asked, knowing I had use formalities around others.

Error: Nothing of interest really. But I do have a question to ask you...

Would you join me for a walk?