Chapter 29 - Sweet Taste

Error's POV

  I waited in the chair, sipping the tea that one of the maids had given me. The maids and butlers that worked for the Comyet family were much more talkative than those that worked at the castle. I suppose there were less strict rules in nobility than royalty.

  Ink had returned to his room to gather supplies for the walk. He agreed to join me but he wanted to be prepared in case of emergencies, despite my ability to protect him perfectly fine.

  I looked away from my tea when I sensed a very familiar presence.

Me: It is disrespectful to keep a prince waiting.

  I said, placing the cup on the side table before standing up. I turned around to see Ink standing in the hallway, his satchel hanging over his shoulder.

  Ink bowed to me, speaking with no emotion.

Ink: I do not mean to disrespect you, your majesty. I will refrain from doing so in the future.

  He followed behind me to the front door. Once of the butlers opened it for us and bowed as we left. I was somewhat growing tired of being treated like someone special. People bowing to me and saying my formal title was becoming annoying.

  Ink and I walked down the sidewalk to the forest. I found it amusing how my mate and I spent so much time together in a specific place. We always seemed to end up amongst the trees.

Ink: How are you doing, your majesty? With being a royal.

Me: Tiresome. My father requires me to do many training sessions that last for many days. He believes that I am still capable of expanding the time of which I need to feed. Needing less blood betters our survival in mortal kingdoms.

  He looked up at me with a curious expression.

Ink: Would you have to worry about that when you go to the vampiric kingdom?

  I shook my head. I knew that our supply of blood was imported from Kilkree. After giving the liquid an appealing scent, the vampires would lie that it was simply a rich wine that was thicker than most when giving it to caravans to move to Zerania.

Ink: Then why not go now?

Me: I... cannot do that.

Ink: What?

  The look of his face wavered for a small moment.

Me: I cannot go... until you come with me.

  My mate suddenly stopped walking and stared at me. If he was a vampire, his eyes would have been red from anger.

Ink: What is with everyone in trying to move me around kingdoms? First, I was forced to go to the castle to attend my studies. Then you attacked me and I was told to completely move to a different kingdom entirely. Now you are telling me that I have to go with you to a place I know nothing about.

  I sighed, moving to stand in front of him. Ink turned his eyes away from me. I wanted to comfort him but I did not know how. I was not used to being the one that was not enraged by something.

  I placed my hands on his arms.

Me: I am aware of that but you have to. If not, both of us will never feel complete. I know you secretly felt that when you were in Valcon. When you were gone by my actions, I was suffering from loneliness. The only thing that helped me through that time was... well... your scarf that I... stole from you.

Ink: How do you know what I felt?

  He asked, still refusing to look at me.

Me: I can hear your mind remember? Vampires do have abilities unlike mortals.

Ink: What can you do?

  Despite Ink being angry with me, he still seemed interested in what I was.

Me: I can shift into a bat, hear your mind, and... easily seduce you.

  I said, feeling my cheeks become warm after revealing my abilities.

Me: That is how I was able to bring you to the castle. You were in tremendous pain from the bite so I seduced you into sleep and carried you there. I apologize if I hurt you too much when marking you. I had to do that, it was an instinct and the blue moon's influence did not help.

  Ink made eye contact with me, eventually sighing. He started walking once more.

Ink: I forgive you. Just try to warn me next time you decide to not keep your promise about being gentle.

(Time Skip)

  Ink sat next to a lake that was hidden in the forest. I had memories of coming here when I wanted to escape from my father and his relentless discipline lessons.

  My mate enjoyed this scenery more than I did. Ink was sketching in his book that he kept in his satchel. I was at his side, facing towards the darkness of the trees and watching for any dangerous creatures that lurked in the depths of the forest at night.

  I listened to Ink's soulbeat. It was faster that what I was used to but it was calming. His scent was tempting but I controlled myself without effort.

  I turned my attention to him, seeing the picture that had appeared on the page. My eyes moved to his exposed neck. It would have been easier to not think about feeding if he was wearing his scarf. I knew that my irises had turned red due to the urge to satisfy myself.

Ink: I can feel you staring at me, Error. What do you need?

  He asked without looking away from the sketchbook.

Me: I... do not need anything.

Ink: You want my blood, do you not?

  I noticed that he had tilted his head to the side. I could not tell if he was aware of what he was doing to me, his mind was thoughtless.

  My tongue licked my fangs, falling into the temptation. I moved towards him and I saw my mark. Two holes that were healing to leave a permanent scar for other vampires to know that Ink was taken, he belonged to their king.

  I leaned down and licked the bite mark. I found a new place and did not waste time to dig my fangs into him, immediately tasting the blood that I loved so much. Ink jolted from the pain but continued to draw.

  When I was satisfied, I pulled away and licked the remaining blood. I whispered as I felt myself become intoxicated.

Me: Thank you.

  Ink responded with a weaker voice.

Ink: That hurt...

A lot