Fall of the Dragon: World Reaction

Imperial Palace, South Palace

Second Lieutenant Ono, who had entered the emperor's bedroom to detain the two Imperial Guards who were there and to identify the emperor's body, describes the future to Savia and Sitos.

"...I have notified them of the fulfillment of the conditions and the acceptance of the declaration. We are now finished with the battle. In accordance with our prior agreement, you will disarm yourselves and follow our instructions."

"..."

Seeing the imperial garb with a large amount of blood on it and the body of the emperor, who had been stabbed in the neck, Ono and his colleagues realized what had happened here.

"Lord Sitos!"

At that moment, the soldiers of the coup army, led by Sitos, who had been searching the South Palace, came to join them.

"Good work. The war is over."

Sitos told them the coup was a success.

"Then we will no longer have to fight the Japanese!?"

"Yes!"

The soldiers who participated in the coup shouted, hugged, and rejoiced when they heard those words from the former military minister.

Senate Grand Hall

The 214 senators were still under house arrest in the Senate, which had been occupied by the rebels, the SDF, and the US Marines. The soldiers of the rebel army who had gone after the emperor contacted the faith shells of the soldiers who had taken control of the Senate.

"After the Emperor was killed and Her Highness Savia proclaimed her successor, she declared her acceptance of the recommendation to surrender."

"!"

The soldier who received the contact told the contents of the message. Hearing the report, the soldiers expressed their relief. The members of the SDF and the US Marines also showed their joy on their faces.

"...Impossible! That declaration is null and void! I am the rightful heir to the throne!"

Crown Prince Rusim disagrees with Savia's decision. He could not allow a commoner princess to decide to make peace with a barbarian nation without him, the first in the line of succession to the throne. Second Prince Zusar was shocked by the fact that his father, the emperor, had been murdered.

"Princes Rusim and Zusar, the right of succession to the throne is suspended in the name of the Provisional Government. Therefore, you will be temporarily escorted to the Dorshalken Prison."

"What!? How dare you!?"

When the order was made to send him to jail, Rusim again began to make a fuss. The other senators were beginning to stir. Shortly thereafter, First Lieutenant Taverner again fired two shots into the ceiling. The Senate Grand Hall falls silent once again.

"The other senators and ministers will be temporarily incarcerated! We await the decision of the interim government and the Japanese government as to what happens to you."

They cannot allow even one person to escape from this place, and in the unlikely event that a rebel force, large or small, emerges from somewhere on their own. Japanese and American personnel are on high alert.

"We are going to fall at the feet of another nation... and a frontier nation at that...!"

Vizier Irta Orbit, seated at the senators' table, murmured helplessly. He was worried about the future of his country. The two princes and senators, including cabinet ministers, who had been the second most important targets to be secured after the emperor, were then moved to the Dorshalken Prison in the northwestern part of the capital. They were left there to await the judgment of the Japanese government.