(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) not enough

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

EDWARD HAD JAMES' throat clutched in his hand as they burst into the studio. Carlisle darted over immediately as Emmett and Jasper surrounded James. At first, everything seemed alright. Glass scattered the floor along with a video recorder pointing towards Bella. She was lying breathing heavily on the wooden ground, eyes on Edward.

But she was alive. For the moment, that was all that mattered. However as the door swung shut behind Este and she walked further into the room, the smell hit her. Bella's leg was completely cut open, blood coating her jeans and the wooden floor around her.

The burning sensation in the back of Estella's throat became suddenly unbearable. Her head was spinning and the voice of reason inside her mind slowly turning to dust. She'd never wanted anything more in her life, or so it seemed. All her concentration went towards the trickling red as it pooled out scarlet over the floor. With a scent that Este became intoxicated with.

She watched as Alice hovered over Bella with her hand over her mouth, Edward crouched beside her and Carlisle examined her leg. Jasper and Emmett were dragging James away from Bella, as James writhed and struggled to be free. Este turned slowly back to Bella who was talking to Edward now, he was distracting her as Carlisle ran his hand over the injury on her head.

Este walked slowly, her mind trying to tear her away with every step that she took. But she'd been waiting for this, dying for this. She'd felt it eating away at her for days now. It had contained her mind, it had taken her conscience. All of a sudden, Bella wasn't a girl, she wasn't Edward's love, she wasn't someone that Este cared about. She was blood, delicious blood, sweet release. Everything that Este needed.

"Carlisle!" Alice yelled suddenly in fear. He looked towards his daughter in panic. Edward lifted his head up, hearing what Alice was pouring into his mind.

"What?" Carlisle asked, "what is it?"

"Stop her!" Alice shouted, her voice filling the room, "Este! You have to stop Este"

She took her chance, Este ran forwards as Bella's eyes widened in fear. The blood contained her senses, it was all she could smell, all she could think about. Her mind flashed red. She saw red, she felt red, tasted red, everything was red.

Este had almost made it when Carlisle wrapped his arms around her waist and dragged her backwards. His grip on her was tight but Este was still stronger than him. She pushed against him, throwing him against the floor as she turned and ran forwards again. Edward pushed her back this time, his eyes were no longer angry but completely terrified.

Scared of her. Este tried to stop. She put every etch of effort into pulling herself away but her mind didn't feel like her own anymore. Alice was fretting, standing in front of Bella protectively.

"We need help here!" Jasper yelled suddenly, "he's strong, very strong!"

"Yeah we need help too" Edward cursed as he threw Este again the nearest wall. She smashed against one of the half broken mirrors, more glass decorating the floor as she collapsed onto the array of shards beneath her, turning slowly to stare at the blood dancing over Bella's hair.