(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) caius and jane

✧✧✧

THE HALLS OF THE VOLTURI were lined in elegance. With each mural told a new story. The paintings of old depicting them as gods for their powers. Oil painting curled into reality along the darkness and the shadows of secrets and glistening truths. Cracks of stone turned to dust under the golden thrones decorated in beauty.

As Jane's cape traipsed along behind her there were a thousand words in her head but few she needed to speak. The whispers of the ebony material hitting the ground talked of her superiority. The dark colour said enough to place her on higher ground. Even her brother could not feel the same darkness that she did, the same recognition. If only his power didn't have so many limits.

As for Felix and Dimitri. Well it was laughable really. To be placed in such charcoal. The dusted grey could never stand the tests of time. Only failure. Of course they stood in the halls as she did but never would they understand the admiration that seeped into scarlet eyes as she walked into a room, as they lay seething on the ground. Such a gift. Such a treasure. Picked from the runts, from those destined for nothing. Jane was headed towards everything.

She walked ahead with her face tilted to the ceiling. Jane could paint the images from memory now, she always held her head high. The clouds that swam over beautiful skies and the gods that were depicted there with their flowing hair and white robes. It was different from the truth. The Volturi would never wear such light colours. The god-like status however. Jane felt this was accurate.

The human in the lobby tried to speak to her in her squealing, disgraceful voice. Jane loathed her. How she believed she could ever be a part of something so grand, so incredible. It was pathetic to watch her bat her eyelashes in the direction of three vampires who did not see the depiction of her looks but only the travelling of her blood.

"Do you require anything?" She asked, her tone was scratchy to Jane's ears but her screams came more pleasant. The human dropped off her chair, nails scraping on the stone.

"Sister" Alec stated rather harshly, had he grown to care for the human? Jane prayed not, it would only make him weak.

Nonetheless she lifted her charm and watched the human scramble back to her chair with a horrified and fearful expression on her face. Now she sat silent, learnt her lesson. The human would not speak out of line again.

"Speak when spoken to" Jane told her softly before she turned and continued on her path.

The double doors flew open at her light touch and Jane let her cloak trail the stairs, bowing her head in the direction of the vampires she looked up to so highly. Aro clapped his hands together as he always did, rising from his seat with a very satisfied smile.

Jane did not like Aro the most although she pretended to. It was good to play nicest to the one in charge even if they allegedly sat at the same level. It wasn't for power but for life. Aro had lived longer, he had seen more and therefore he was more worthy to make the decisions of the halls. Although his power would always be the most renowned, it was not the best. Not in Jane's eyes anyway. Bested by a Cullen, she hid that deep into her mind.

Yet she did admire the leader. He had saved her from the darkness and turned her life into glimmering hope. Jane owed him the world, she owed him her life and she would hand it to him without further question. Aro walked down the steps in eagerness, looking upon her comrades who Jane had forgotten to care about.