(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) self sabotaged

✧✧✧

HIS GRIP SLACKENED IMMEDIATELY and Este grabbed his arm, turning around and throwing him to the floor. Edward's back collided with the ground as he stared at her in horror. Este's mind was ringing with a small buzzing, she frowned.

Everyone was staring at them now, trying to figure out what had happened. Este stepped back, turning to look at her family. Taking her eyes off Edward had been a mistake. He flew forwards, shoving his hands against her shoulders as both of them collided with the ground with a very large crash, the clouds of dried mud collecting around them.

"What the hell!" Edward yelled directly in her face.

Este didn't say anything. She stared right back, her expression wasn't apologetic. He seemed to notice that. She heard running footsteps.

"Edward get off her" Carlisle tried to grab his sons arm but Edward shook him off, hands still firmly on Este's shoulders. Her skin almost cracked under the pressure.

"You don't know what she did!" Edward shouted, "you don't know what she just... why would you do that?"

Este smiled lightly and Edward's eyes seemed to reflect more horror than Este had ever seen in them before.

"You're sick!" Edward cursed angrily.

"Edward get off her" Carlisle repeated, taking his arm and pulling his son back.

"Why did you do that?" Edward asked again as Este got to her feet slowly. Everyone looked concerned now.

"Do what?" Este asked calmly.

"You know what you did!" Edward continued, "what you, what you put in my head"

"I didn't put anything in your head Edward" Este shrugged, "you looked inside my head... I'm sorry you didn't like what you saw there"

"You—" Edward went to dive forwards but Carlisle wrapped his arm around his chest, stopping him in his tracks.

"Este what did you think?" Carlisle asked softly.

"She... pictured me killing Bella" Edward stated loudly.

Carlisle seemed taken aback, his grip on Edward loosening slightly. There was a small gasp from behind her and she couldn't tell whether it had been Alice or Bella.

"Why did you do that?" Carlisle asked slowly.

"I can't help what comes into my mind" Este replied simply.

"You knew I was reading your thoughts!" Edward snapped.

"Yeah well maybe you shouldn't have been" Este turned to him harshly, "serves you right really, never giving anyone a moment of privacy"

"You're losing it" Edward muttered under his breath, "you know that Este, you're completely losing it? I've seen it in your head"

Este laughed loudly but her eyes remained rather dark as she did so. Everyone stared at her as the laughter echoed off the trees.

"I'm serious!" Edward yelled, "Este you're insane—"

"Insane?" Este raised her eyebrows, "why? Because I imagined a very real possibility of what could happen to Bella"

"I would never hurt Bella!" Edward snapped.

"Not intentionally" Este replied.

"What is wrong with you?" Edward stared at her incredulously, "seriously Este what the fuck is wrong with you!"

"I think you need to calm down Edward" Este smiled wryly.

"Me?" Edward stepped forwards, "you're so determined to win you place an image of me murdering the woman I love into my head and I'm the one who needs to calm down? Seriously Este that is sick... I know I told you that I wouldn't... be a prick anymore but if you seriously think I'm going to stand here and say that... that's acceptable?"