(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) turn around

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

ESTE PULLED INTO THE PARKING LOT OF the Ithaca town hospital. Even in the early morning the spaces were steadily filling up with cars of varying shades. Isolated ambulances sat towards the rear as figures of many shapes and sizes paced into the doors.

In their approximate seven month stay in Ithaca, Este had been yet to travel to Carlisle's work. This would've usually been a surprise considering how much she liked to check in on him when he'd been in Forks but there had been two main reasons why she'd strayed away from the same routine in Ithaca.

The main being that Este and Carlisle usually worked the same hours. Of course Carlisle was in work more than Este but even then, their coinciding schedules meant she didn't feel the need to stride into the hospital and see how he was doing. They'd managed to get most of their time together regardless.

The second reason was despite Ithaca still being small it was nowhere near as quaint as Forks had been. New York was basically the capital city of America which meant wherever you went there was going to be a growing population rate. In Forks Carlisle had received more breaks than he needed and often the liberty of going home when he liked. In Ithaca it was different but Este had been aware she was bound to visit at some point.

She left her car parked away from the door, saving spaces for people who actually needed to be there. Este noticed the reception looked the same as pretty much any hospital reception she'd ever seen. Este couldn't say she'd been to many, probably only five. Regardless they were mirrored in their random fake plant decorations and pale walls.

"Can I help you?" the woman behind the desk asked as Este made her way over. She seemed nice enough, tightly braided hair and lips with no Cupid's bow.

"I'm here to see my husband" Este replied, "he works here"

"Works here?" The woman asked in interest, her badge read Brittany, "what's his name?"

"Doctor Cullen" Este answered. A small blush seemed to creep over Brittany's cheeks at the name. Este was used to this. She forced another smile, typing something on her keyboard while looking flustered, evidently embarrassed by her obvious show of infatuation.

"He's working at the moment" Brittany stated calmly, "but his office is on the fourth floor, room 109. If you'd like to wait for him there?"

"Oh that's brilliant" Este smiled, it was always nice when the people working at the hospital receptions were helpful. Este recalled that in Alaska and Colorado this hadn't been the case. More often than not she'd been warped into an argument or been sent away where she'd angrily text Carlisle about the circumstances. Este had been expecting a similar situation with Ithaca but evidently this was not the case.

"No problem" Brittany smiled as she watched Este walked through the reception and through a couple of double doors. She had to hold her breath walking up the stairs as though each door came a new assortment of smells usually tangled in blood.