(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞) isle estella

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

THE SAND WAS WARM BENEATH HER FINGERS. Estella couldn't necessarily feel the full extent of the sun like she had once been able to do but she could still understand the idea of being encapsulated by something so comforting. Her skin reflected every beam like a mirror ball as she glittered bright as the surface of the ocean.

Two weeks was not a very long time. At first as Este and Carlisle had set off with loving waves and goodbye promises, they'd been under the impression that it would feel like a large portion of life had gone past by the time they returned.

Of course this was anything but the case. Even humans would have fourteen days slip between their hands like water but vampires even more so. It didn't mean that they hadn't appreciated every second of their much needed break, it simply meant that time had gone past before they'd even comprehended how seconds could fly.

Estella was glad that Carlisle had suggested this time away. With all the commotion of Edward falling in love with Bella and then consequently Bella being hunted by the ruthless tracker James, Este had barely been given the chance to relax even for a second.

Now she felt very much at peace, sand adorning her skin as she pretended that tanning was something she'd ever be able to do. Este had her eyes closed lightly as to not be blinded by the illumination of her own skin. There was almost pure silence around her, only the music of nature blessed her ears.

There were palm trees up above, the leaves casting harsh shadows over the white sand beach. As the light breeze hit them, the trees would sway in a peaceful melody. As the waves rolled in and out with their turquoise charm, Este would let out another breath, following the patterns of the world around her as she let the light dance over the paleness of her body.

Two weeks away with Carlisle had been exactly what she needed. It wasn't a cure of course. Este was sure that as soon as she was away from all this peace and tranquility that the annoying tick of her worrying brain would start again. Even in the comfort of perfection it was still there. It was simply easier to deal with when she was distracted by the beauty of Isle Estella and of course Carlisle.

Carlisle was out exploring the other side of the island since it was their last day. He'd be back soon enough. Estella enjoyed lying in the sun more than he did. Carlisle often preferred to be out looking around or appreciating more of the beauty on the island he owned. Este would often go along with him, she too like the strolls through exotic trees and high cliffs but today she wanted to take the moment to lie in the sun while she could. After all, there would be none of this when she returned to Forks.

Alice had been keeping them updated on everything going on back at home through small text messages and the occasional phone call. It was august now which meant in another fortnight, school would be starting again. Este and Carlisle had chosen on the later end of summer break to go away for the reasoning that it was easier for Carlisle to get the time off.