(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧) the movements of the tribe

✧✧✧

IT WASN'T LONG UNTIL THE CULLENS ENCOUNTERED A NEW PROBLEM. This shouldn't have come as a surprise to them considering how much they had to deal with around every corner of their lives. This time it was not Bella's well-being or even the state of Este's mind. It was the wolves.

From the moment that Bella had fallen pregnant, the Cullens had known the wolves would be a problem. Unlike the other residents within Forks, they knew exactly what the vampires planned to do to the girl and when they were supposed to carry it out. Bella was to become one of them and they directly opposed this idea.

Many years ago when Carlisle had first entered Forks alongside Emmett, Rosalie and Edward he had created a treaty with the chief who had lived there at the time. The treaty had guided their time through Forks, kept them safe. They didn't want any war with their nemesis. The Cullens wanted a quiet life away from fighting and pain, the treaty granted them that.

Este knew there was nothing specific on the treaty which stated that the vampires could not get the humans pregnant however she felt there didn't need to be. Whether it was in writing or not, the wolves would be sickened by it. A creation of their kind, an unknown monster. They would have to put a stop to it, what else could they do?

The Cullens would never be given a fair opportunity to explain and even if they were granted this, would could they say? There was nothing to make any of this better. None of them had any idea what was growing inside of Bella. It could destroy the family, the town, the world. How were they to know that whatever she birthed wasn't a monster fated to cause destruction? The wolves would not see it any other way.

There were of course a few complications to the wolves oppositions but the main one was the idea that the vampires could not hunt. This had been going on for a while regardless of the movements of the wolves. With the preoccupation of Bella's condition and the determination to find out everything they could while keeping her safe, the Cullens had been distracted.

Este noticed it in her worst moments and it made her mind darker than it had been before. Back before Este had noticed the cracks in her brain the only thing that had drawn attention to it was the lack of blood in her system. Now that she could hardly escape the alarm it shook in her brain, no blood simply amplified this.

However they weren't deliberately avoiding hunting, not at first. Este had seen her eyes in the mirror, the dark pools of ebony and she had seen this reflected in the gazes of her family. They'd been spending their time pouring over books while they watched Bella drain the small amounts of colour that she had left.

After Jacob's visit, they'd all presumed it wouldn't be long until they'd be hearing from the wolves. They couldn't touch them where they hid and the Cullens couldn't predict how much of a threat they would be. Bella seemed to think that Jacob would straighten things out but based on the expression he'd shone on his friend upon realising the truth Este believed this may be a long shot.

However only a day after Jacob had visited the first time, he appeared on their doorstep again. The boy didn't look as a angered as usual and the lack of narrowed eyes made his face scream of youth. Este often forgot how young he was.

"Are you here to see Bella?" Este asked as she opened the front door, there was another wolf waiting by the trees. In human form he was the youngest, Seth. Este could hear another paces behind him but she could not see that far.

"I'm here to see all of you" Jacob spoke.

"Is this an ambush?" Este asked carefully.

"No" Jacob shook his head, "I promise it's not"