🦁 The Rebel 2-1 🦁

#RAINA POV#

Is this yet another dream?

A lion walks proudly over the rock and the monkey soon appears holding a cub

This scene looks very familiar

The cub then lifted high and soon a high cheer erupted.

.

.

.

"RAINA-CHI! WAKE UP!" Clara's voice rang out through the door as she skip to my bedroom. I pull down my blanket and sit down in my bed.

"Raina-chi?"

"Thank you, Clara. I already woke up. Can you tell others I will be ready in 15 minutes?"

"Okay~ Hurry up, kay Raina-chi. Allocer already found some valuable information or something like that."

"Em." I can hear Clara's footsteps walking cheerfully in the hallways.

"Still a very loud demon, isn't she?" I look at the familiar silhouette that comes from my ring drowsily until I realize who is it.

"RAFT!!! YOUR ALIVE!!" I hug the shadow silhouette tightly. This is the manifestation of my Ring of Despair, Raft.

"Of course, I am still alive, your idiot princess."

"B-But then why are you not coming out after I'm calling you?"

"Hehehe... I'm too lazy. Besides I have fun watching a drama unfold around you. Especially with those new boys. Ha! Imagine all the drama that will happen and make my heartbeat. I bet the next time, they will fight each other just so they can talk to you." Raft said wiggling his finger and smiling wickedly.

"Seriously? That what been occupied your mind?" I ask deadpanned. He looks at me weirdly.

"Not exactly. I'm also trying to do some thinking inside the ring. You do remember that ink monster you fight twice?"

"Yes? What about them?"

"Did you sense something inside of them?" Raft ask.

Raina thinks about that ink monster before answering. "I sense a very strong emotion coming from that two monster and their power is deeply connected with the people's hearts."

"Me too. And coincidently, this strong emotion is despair." I feel a chill when she heard Raft say despair but she can't deny it. That ink monster has a very strong connection to negative emotions.

"Which is my best food~" Raft winked.

"... I kinda forget that you are Ring of Despair."

"Rude."

"Raft, If the ink monster has a connection towards people's despair then can you sense it before it emerges?" Raft flies close to my face and shakes his head.

"Raina. The first lesson you need to remember. Negative emotions especially despair come only when something happens. Unless you trigger something, the despair will not show up. I can control despair, giving people nightmares and fear, etc but to predict it will be kinda hard."

"I thought you can feel those emotions?"

"Well, all creatures have this so-called despair and hope. Cliché, I know. They have this so-called seed and only if something happens to them or triggers something in them that one of these seeds will bloom. If you ask me to force it towards people that I can do."

"Raft, you know you can't cause trouble." I look at Raft accusingly.

"I will not do anything. At least in front of you." Raft looks at me innocently before chuckling and going back to the Ring. I sigh at Raft's attic and decide not to think about it too much.