Who are You?

'Rise! Is that what the pledge is for...'

Nitta realized what they were up to from what Rourke said. They intend to take everything they can squeeze out of Nitta and his colleagues in this dangerous gamble. The pledge reads, "The loser will not contest the payment of wager bets," and "Wager bets lost in the game can only be regained in the game." And in order to keep the game going, one has to keep calling. And in order to keep calling, they will have to raise by offering a new wager. If Nitta continues to lose, even if he saves Nina's life, he will not get his bag and gun back, but rather be stripped of them. He was determined to win at any cost.

. . .

Second Game

0 points: "Autumn Card"

1 point: "Summer Card"

Bet:

- Rourke: 'mysterious bag' (5 pieces), 9 mm pistol (3 pieces)

- Nitta: 9 mm pistol (2 pieces)

. . .

"Are you sure with the bet?"

"...Yes."

Nitta put one coin on the table. He answered Rourke's question weakly.

"Then I call! And then...!"

Declaring a call, Rourkes grabbed the coins in his possession and slammed them on the table.

"Five for the bag! Raise!"

"...!"

First Lieutenant Nomura, Shimon, and Capilla, who were watching the game, were astonished. He had a total of six coins on the table, while Nitta had only one coin, and at this rate, Nitta could not make a call.

"Wait! Mr. Nitta only has one coin left, remember?"

Imperial Guardsman Capilla is fed up with Rourke. In a patronizing tone, Rourke spoke to him.

"Not really. There's something you can raise."

Rourke then pointed to Nitta.

"Next, bet on that garment! If we put them on the market and label them as made-in-Japan garments, they should sell a lot!"

"!?"

They are again shocked. Shimon blushed, wondering what they were imagining.

"I'm supposed to wear an underwear... suits cost a fortune."

Not caring about her state of mind, Nitta calmly responded to Rourke with a mixture of jokes.

"I don't mind taking off your clothes after seven games. I don't want to see an old man in his underwear for a long time."

"...I'll be fine. I'll bet you my one and only!"

"Good!"

Hearing these words, Rourke again pulled out five coins from the table and handed them to Nitta. Nitta immediately placed the five coins on the table.

"Call!"

With that declaration, the second game began.

. . .

Bet:

- Rourke: 'mysterious bag' (5 pieces), 9 mm pistol (3 pieces)

- Nitta: 9 mm pistol (2 pieces), Suit set (5 pieces)

. . .

Since the first and second game alternates between who will make the first move, Nitta is the one who moves first in the second game. He turned over a card from the deck.