Chapter Twelve

*Ethan's POV*

It's Saturday and it's still September. That means that Matt's parents are still on their business trip and there's a party at his house-again.

Except this time, I'm not in a party mood. I sit on the couch and watch people dance to the music blaring from the speakers.

Every now and then, girls would ask me to dance or try to flirt but I'm too drunk to respond to them

"You're killing the mood," Matt says, his arm around a brunette's waist.

I shrug.

"Seriously, put down the beer and go do something," he tells me. "Fifteen girls have already asked about you in five minutes."

"He's too busy thinking about Ariana," Nina says.

How long has she been sitting next to me?

"I'm not," I slur.

Matt whispers something to the brunette. She nods and leaves him to talk to Nina and me.

"Dude," Matt says, sitting next to me. "I really like making her miserable too, don't get me wrong... But I have a feeling you're getting a little obsessed with her."

"No," I say, taking a swig of my beer.

"Yes you are," Nina says. "She's all you can talk about, all you can think about-"

I zone her out, trying to ignore everyone and everything around me. I'm not obsessed with her. I'm just physically attracted to her. I can get any girl I want in a matter of seconds-but I can't get Ariana. It would ruin everything.

"-you even listening to me?" Nina snaps.

"No, I'm fucking not."

She rolls her eyes. "I was saying-"

"No, no, I don't want to hear what you were saying. I want you to fucking shut up already."

Matt sighs. "Dude do you like Ariana or something?"

I feel bile rise up my throat.

"What the hell?" I snap. "Like her? Me? Are you high or something?"

"You're obsessed with her," Nina bursts out.

I'm about to explode. How can they possibly think I actually like Ariana? I don't. I don't. I'm not in denial or anything, I really don't think of her that way I need them to get that through their thick heads.

"I'm not obsessed with her," I say.

"Yes you are," Matt says.

I glare at him. "I'm not."

"No, Ethan's right," Nina says. "He's not obsessed with her. He likes her."

Enough. This is fucking enough. I stand up, my temper rising like crazy.

"I DON'T FUCKING LIKE HER," I yell. The music stops, but I don't. "ALL I WANT FROM HER IS SEX. NOTHING MORE, ALRIGHT? I JUST WANT TO FUCK HER. I DON'T HAVE ANY FEELINGS FOR HER AT ALL. DO YOU FUCKING GET IT NOW?"

There's complete silence as everyone stares at me confusedly. Matt and Nina's faces were red and their eyes were wide.

"Got it," Nina says quietly.

Matt nods in agreement.

"What are you staring at?" I snap at the gawking crowd.

They all quickly look away and the music is on again.