Chapter Fifty

-Ethan's POV-

Nathan quickly pulls away and stares at me for a moment. I stare back, equally as confused. He then pushes the girl off his lap and stands up.

"I can explain," he says, his face red and his eyes wild with panic.

"The only person you should be explaining this to is Ariana," I say. My voice is still low. I'm in too much of a shock right now.

"She knows?" He chokes.

"Not yet," I say.

There's silence.

"Hayley," Nathan says, turning to the girl. "Leave us alone for a second."

She looks from me to Nathan then leaves the room. I pad over and slam the door.

"What the fuck is wrong with you people tonight?" I yell.

"She doesn't need to know, Ethan," he says cautiously.

"She doesn't need to know?" I burst out. "Why would you do this to her? How could you even-"

"It was just a kiss!" Nathan flings his hands in the air.

"You were practically eating her face,"
I snap. "And while Ariana was almost raped by fucking Matt and calling for you, you were in here making out with some slut!"

Nathan's eyes widened. "She was what?"

"Oh, sure! Now you care."

"I-I didn't know-"

"How could you possibly cheat on Ariana?" I demand. "Why would you even risk losing a girl like her?"

"She cheated on me too," Nathan snaps.

"She was drunk," I say quickly. "And I was supposed to stop her from doing stupid things but I didn't and I'm a bastard for that."

"I've only known her for, like, two weeks, chill."

My eyes widen. "You've been seeing her for two weeks?"

Nathan's face reddened. "Yeah, we met at-"

I run my fingers through my hair and tug at the roots. "Fuck."

I don't know why I'm freaking out like this. I guess I just didn't expect Nathan to cheat on her. Ariana's going to be so hurt. Oh God, she's gonna have trust issues too.

"I can just break up with Hayley and Ariana won't need to know about this, okay?" He sighs.

I scoff. "I'm not gonna hide this from her."

"Ethan, buddy," Nathan says, trying to sound casual. He places a hand on my shoulder. "Haven't you ever been in my situation before?"

"Of course I have," I answer honestly.

He nods. "And how would you feel if I walk in and threaten to tell your girlfriend you're cheating?"

I remove his hand from my shoulder distastefully.

"I'd never cheat on Ariana," I say and mean it.

He rolls his eyes. "What's the difference?"

I clench my jaw. "I wouldn't even look at any other girl if I was with her."

"Woah," Nathan shook his head. "She's hot, but I've seen hotter."

I facepalm. "Davis, if you don't shut the fuck up right now, I swear-"

"Hold up. Man, this is between Ariana and me anyway," he cuts in. "It doesn't concern you."

"How's it between the two of you if she doesn't even know about it?" I yell. "If you don't tell her about this I'm literally going to ram your face into a fucking brick wall."