Chapter Thirty Seven

*Ethan's POV*

It's midnight. Ariana and I have long since lost interest in the game and are leaving the lounge and heading to our room.

"Well, that was... fun," she says awkwardly, shutting the door.

She goes to the bathroom to freshen up and change into her pajamas while I do so in the room. I can't help but wonder if that kiss also means nothing to her.

By the time she comes out, I'm wearing only sweatpants.

"Put a shirt on," she says.

"I would," I say, "but I don't want to take away your joy of staring at this," I gesture to my bare torso.

"Yes, that would be tragic," she says sarcastically.

"Do you even know how many girls wanna be in your place right now?" I question, walking closer to her.

She furrows her brows. "Why would they?"

"You're rooming with me," I smirk. "At least you spend hours seeing me shirtless."

"Lucky me."

I laugh.

I suddenly look into her eyes and realize it's the first time I focus on them up close. The color is somewhere between blue and grey.

I then move closer and place my hand below her ear and run my thumb along the perfect skin on her cheek.

When she doesn't protest, I lean in to kiss her. This is the softest I've ever kissed anybody before. All I can feel is her tender lips on mine. For a brief moment, I feel her kiss me harder but she quickly stops. We both pull away slowly.

"We can't do this," she says quietly.

"What?" I question.

"This," she gestures to the two of us. "We can't..."

I blow out a breath and turn away from her, running my fingers through my hair.

Why does she keep doing this?

"What do you want?" I burst out.

She stares. "What?"

"What do you want, Ariana? What? Why do you always go back to this? Is this about Matt?"

"Oh my God, would you stop bringing Matt into this? I don't like him, Ethan, I hate him."

"Oh, really? How come whenever he makes a move on you, you don't do anything but when I do something you push me away."

"It's not like that. And if you're talking about when he kissed me it was weeks ago just let it go."

"Tonight he dared you to kiss him and you said nothing-"

"You answered before I could even say anything-"

"But when you had to kiss me you looked like you really didn't want to-"

"Ethan, you're being ridiculous."

"Am I? Am I really? Just admit you like Matt already if you do!"

"I don't-why are you even making such a big deal about it? So what if I actually do like him?"

"He's just trying to fuck you, you can't fall for it."

"Oh, wait. So, it's okay if you kiss me and try to get in my pants, but when he wants to do it, you draw the line."

"It's not like that."

"Yes it is. You and Matt are exactly the same-"

"No we're not."