07

__

A gentle knock on the door of my new room stirred me awake, but I was not quite ready to be up and going just yet, so I didn't answer it.

A few seconds lapsed without a reply from me and another barely audible one came again. The person at the door seemed to be a little bit too patient today. It was usually a pound that knocked me off the bed whenever Alexei, the sunshade dude, came to get me. What has changed? He just realised hitting the door pretty hard would damage the quality of the wood?

Determined to frustrate the life out of him today, the third knock came and I still didn't answer it. He could just open the door and come in alright, but too bad I locked it last night. I mean, it was obvious I was living in a house with an outrageous population of men with warm blood flowing through their veins. And I happened to be a girl who wasn't such an eyesore. I assumed if you just put my D-cup, my round ass and then add my lips which I loved by the way, together, I could be sexually appealing to some men. So looking at this, I had to be extra cautious, you see.

"Azania."

Holy shit!

It was him. It was Mr Varkov. What the hell was he doing here? I mean yes we shared the same corridor, our room was basically facing each other but still, what was he doing here?

"Y-yes!" I quickly threw the covers off my body and skipped out of the bed. Adjusting my baggy T shirt by pulling it down enough to reach my knee, I crossed the room quickly. I hurriedly unlocked it before my fingers curled around the metallic knob, twisting it.

Slowly, I pulled the door inward, and he was standing there in a silk-textured black dress shirt which was paired with a black pants, and sitting regally on his feet were a pair of Prada loafers.

Without my permission, he freely strutted in like he owned the place. I knew it was his house and he had the right to enter any room of his choice but still, as the occupier of the said room, my permission should be sought first because for all he knew, I could have only been shielding my front view with the shirt and not exactly wearing it. I could be in a state where I didn't desire to welcome an opposite gender into my room.

I reluctantly shut the door, my back resting on it and I was damn ready to usher him out as soon as he was done with what he came to do and hopefully, whatever it was wouldn't take more than two seconds.

Folding my arms across my chest, I watched as he made it to the middle of the room and paused, turning around slowly to face me.

His silvery gaze was on me now, holding me under his captivity for a while before his piercing eyes fell from my face to my full chest, lingering there for far too long then travelling to my exposed legs. He stared at the legs, but not long enough to make me raise a questioning brow before he turned his face towards the window, his hand lifting to run through his hair gently.

He sighed harshly first, then brought the same hand back down to fall on his side, while the other free hand began to twirl the signature gold lighter around his slender fingers.

"You are probably not very clear yet on why I moved you up to this room." He said, his eyes coming back to me, a dark hue swirling in them.

"Enlighten me then," I said in an unfriendly tone, my shoulder raising in a shrug.

He released a soft chuckle, barely audible but I still heard it, and I saw the discreet curve of his lips too.