seventy-eight

_______________________________________

MY EARTH WORSHIPS YOUR SKY

_______________________________________

AN: for those who have been a bit irritated with Azania's character lately. You might have to glue your cellphone/iPad to your hand because my girl is determined to make you want to fling your phone across the room in this chapter😭😭

But damn this chapter is quite long. 4800 words???

_________________

Shiro didn't believe me when I told him finding me covered in blood with a dead man on the floor was a special effect.

When he broke out into full-blown anxiety, I realized I might have underestimated the gravity of the situation. At one point, I had to loosen his tie, grab a random water bottle from the refrigerator set against the wall near the teacher's desk, and emptied it on his head. 

My first aid did work and he calmed down after a while. Although I wasn't exactly sure if my problem was over because he had been sitting on the floor, staring at Mr. Vlad's body and he wouldn't utter a word. He had chewed on his nails. I feared he might soon go for the skin.

"Hey," I said into the phone pressed between my ear and shoulder while I tried to undo the buttons of my shirt, but stopped the action when I realized I had no vest underneath but just my white bra. 

"Malyshka." Mikhail's calm voice broke through the speaker, "What's going on? Dmitri said you are in detention? Who the fuck is the bastard that put you in that pla—"

"—Geeze, calm down." I cut him off with an eye roll, a puff of air leaving my lips, "I'm not in any detention."

One of my bloodied hands combed hair away from my face, my eyes falling sharply on the door. Outside the door, I could hear footsteps of some of the remaining students going on and about, and my heart hung in my throat as I waited for the unfortunate person that would think of suddenly entering the computer lab. Because whoever the person might be, he could die today. And I wasn't about to turn into a full-blown serial killer by taking another life in a span of twenty minutes. This was my first real kill, the one that came when I was in an absolutely clear state of mind. As much as I reeled in watching life slip from Mr. Vlad's eyes just now, I wasn't sure I could handle another kill. Mass killing without a single trace of remorse was Mikhail's work, not mine. He was the emperor of carnage, not me.

"Baby," His worried and impatient voice broke me out of my drowning thoughts, "What's going on? Where are you?" 

"It's complicated," I glanced briefly at Shiro when I heard him take a shaky breath, basically the first sound I had heard from him in twenty minutes now, "I think I killed my class teacher," I mumbled the last part.

Saying it out loud to another ear felt all so wrong. I killed my teacher, in a school environment where there were innocent children.

"You think you killed who?" He asked again, probably not catching the part I mumbled.

"Mr. Vlad. I mean, I don't think I killed him. But judging by the blood and knife holes, I'm sure I killed him."

I bit on my nail, having a weird feeling that he didn't like that idea. I mean, I was hoping even if the world frowned at this action of mine, Mikhail would be at least proud of me. The opinions of the world concerning this case wouldn't matter to me as long as he was proud of me.