s i x t y - t h r e e

_______________________________

BROKEN RECORDS
________________________________

[ I know, I know. I'm probably the worst. Sorry for going MIA for long]

_______

Shiro suddenly released an uncultured yawn in the hallway that stirred up quite a nasty side-eye from onlookers. 

"I'm gonna fucking sleep for days." His steps began to quickly fall beside mine as soon as I turned away from my locker, ready to head out. 

I threw a shy smile at a blonde guy who winked at me from across the hall, then a frantic wave at another cute ginger-haired one next to him. They both belonged to the school boy band called Vipers. Flirtatious blonde guy played the guitar while the coy ginger boy played the drum. I liked the drummer. Maybe because he promised to give me free tickets to all their concerts after their debut. 

I hoped the day would come sooner. 

"Like, you wanna sleep nonstop?" I slightly turned my head to look at Shiro as his arm lazily dropped on my shoulder, while he pulled me closer to his side when some dude almost bumped into me because his gaze was zeroed completely on his cell phone.

"Yeah." He replied, bobbing his head, that rare dimple that would show up once in a blue moon appearing on his left cheek, "I won't wake up for five days." Then he lifted up five fingers in the air to count. 

"Sorry?" I spluttered in horror. 

"Okay," he lightly scratched his head, a cheeky grin on, "maybe I will wake up occasionally to drink water but imma go crashing into the hay fast." 

"You're gonna die." I stated, point-blank, "No, you will wake up and find yourself fucking dead."

"Why would I die because I decided to sleep for five days?" He looked quite haunted by my theory, his hand leaving my shoulder before he came to stand in front of me, blocking my path.

Sighing in frustration, I rested my weight on one leg, my arms folding across my chest. "You can't sleep for five days with no food, Shiro Gusev. You will die. Can't you think?" Then I jabbed my finger into the side of his skull where I supposed his brain had shifted to.

"The bible said Jesus fasted for forty day and forty nights though." He quoted, perhaps because he read his bible devotedly while I had never glanced beyond the cover of one. "Jesus didn't die."

"Jesus." I pointed out, "You're not Jesus. You're Shiro."

"What makes me different from Jesus?" He arched a brow, "We were created in his image. I was created in his image."

"Oh, my goodness." I groaned, facepalming, just a thread of patience holding me back from tackling him to the floor and beating sanity into his knucklehead.

"I don't know much about the bible, Shiro." I sighed, "But I know for sure that you're created in his image doesn't mean you're as strong in spirit as him. Jesus Christ is a supreme being...sort of, right? Well, I just know he has the spiritual strength to withstand things of the world, for example, hunger."

"You're not making sense." He shook his head and began to walk ahead. My jaw dropped. What was wrong with this dude? 

"Remember the Greek gods, right?" I ran after him. I must win this argument and he must have sense today.

"Of course," he replied over his shoulder with scoff as he continued on. "Who doesn't?"

"Okay, imagine you're told you were created in Eros's image. Does that mean you can shoot an arrow at a target and make them fall in love?"