97

MAYHEM UPON THEM
__________________________

MIKHAIL
____________

I had been missing Azania from the very second they took me away from home. And seeing only Riccardo frequent the prison now and then to check up on me instead of my wife didn't help matters at all. His reasons for always showing up alone was apparently because she said she wouldn't be able to handle seeing me in prison uniforms. Nothing surprising there. She also said she wouldn't be able to help crying and she didn't want to cry. And I accepted it because I didn't want her to cry too. She had been sad for months now, crying in the shadows when she thought I wasn't watching. And I'd had enough of it. I didn't want my baby to cry again because of me. I'd hoped getting married would give me a chance to start afresh with her. But what did I do? I got fucking got myself arrested on our wedding night. I could only imagine how negatively that impacted her mental health. I didn't want her to cry again. She should never cry again. And when I get out of here tomorrow, that would be my sole purpose. Not the mafia. Not the power I so desperately craved. Not how to uphold my empire. Only her would be my purpose. Keeping her happy for as long as I lived.

I had missed her to the point of attempting to jump the high walls of the prison. But I would always hold myself back because that would only worsen my charges. And my people, including the elders were already pulling all the strings to get me out. The best I could do was be a good boy and lay low until after the trial.

Still, that didn't change the fact that I desperately wanted my woman beside me. My precious little lady. The last time I saw her was at our wedding reception, her pretty eyes narrowed at the car that took me in handcuffs away from her.

After news got home that I killed my inmates because I was bored and frustrated, Riccardo's next visit was to tell me that Azania said I should take it easy, that she knew this was hard for me, but she would get me out. She said I should be a good boy and lay low so I could return to her on time. So I heeded. Being a good boy just for her wouldn't be so hard.

But all the reason to stay out of trouble went out the window when waking up this morning, there was an ominous cloud hanging over my head, making my anxiety and fear spike up. And I found myself desperately needing to go home to her.

If she was heading into danger or had already encountered the danger I needed to save her. I needed to charge in and throw my body at the source of the threat to stop it from touching her. I must make sure she was still breathing fine for me. Because if she stopped breathing hell would break loose.

I would kill everyone.

"I have done more than enough, young man!" my jaws tightened as the stubborn Warden's unyielding voice pierced through my ears again, "I have taken care of you as your wife demanded. I pulled you out of the cell even though you committed multiple murders and gave you a fucking apartment to live in instead of locking you up in the probationary room. I even assigned a nurse to you because your wife demanded your health must be taken care of. You are in prison but you were fed like a King. I made you feel as comfortable as though you were home away from home. What more do you all want from me? Why would you go ahead and kill your nurse? An innocent woman-"

"-innocent?" I couldn't be more bewildered by his careless use of the word innocence, "For heaven's sake she was literally sexually assaulting me. Pardon me if I have been locked here for too long to not know that sexual assault has now been ruled out as a punishable crime in Russia."

"How can a woman sexually assault a man?" He genuinely looked disturbed, "I mean think about it. Does that sound reasonable to you?"

I gave him an incredulous look, "It's so shocking how you think only men are the known soldiers of sexual harassment." I made an air quote.