10

_______

When Filip and I get married and have kids, I wondered how our children would look. Would they be attractive just like their dad? I really hoped so because I couldn't say so much about myself when it came down to physical appearance.

"Aren't you worried that your face might break into halves?" a feminine voice pierced through my thoughts, and I almost got a whiplash from turning my head to the direction of the voice too fast.

It was my locker neighbor, Elizabet Ivanovich.

Why was she talking to me all of a sudden? We don't usually talk. It was an unwritten rule.

"Um, hey?" I gave her an awkward wave, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear after shutting my locker "Elizabeth? Hi Elizabeth."

Seriously, why was she speaking to me? I was worried. I mean she and I had been locker mates for like half a year now and we had never exchanged more than warm smiles from me and stiff nods from her. At first I thought she hated me but when I got to see how she related to others too, I realised she wasn't just like that; a pretty girl in her own world full of secrets she would rather take to the grave rather than spill by mingling with others.

"I have been watching you from Biology class," her green eyes turned away from me as she entered the code to her locker, pulling it open, "You haven't taken a break since then."

"He called me cute," I blurted, unashamed, "Then invited me for lunch."

I was officially the most shameless girl right now to be broadcasting to those who cared to listen that the boy I'd had a crush on for the longest while called me cute and subtly invited me for lunch today. Though we couldn't speak much. His teammates barged into our romantic time and dragged him away saying something about an emergency meeting.

"Nice," she shut her locker, turning to me, her eyes dull, "If you are lucky, he will text you tonight to ask if you have had dinner."

My heart did a double flip at that reality, "Really? Like you think he will do that?"

"Of course," she nodded, barely mirroring my ecstasy, "Just keep your eyes on your phone."

And the mention of the phone caused my heart to sink to my stomach, forgotten reality coming back to hit me in the face like an unexpected dodgeball.

"What happened?" She asked, her perfect brow arched in half interest in my plight.

"I don't have a phone." My back slouched against my locker, lips tugged downwards.

"Oh," she breathed, relaxing her back gently on the locker, "Well, he could email you then...I mean, your emails are linked to your laptop, right?"

"I don't have a laptop either." My sadness worsened.

How would the blooming relationship between Filip and I work if we had no way of digitally conversing? Were we supposed to resort to sending letters three times a day or what?

I heard Elizabeth sigh next to me, "I guess he could mail you a letter then. It will probably take two days to deliver though, so I think you are gonna have to stick to the old days."

"Which is?"

"He comes behind your window every night and alerts you with at least three stones aimed consecutively at the glass." she emphasized, "Or you could keep a ladder next to your window before dawn so he can easily climb it to your room when he arrives."