t h i r t y - f i v e

// T  H  E   N   A   P    Q   U   E   E   N \\

___

I supposed human beings naturally had a way of taking advantage of an opportunity. Else, how do you explain why one would tell a man to sleep for three hours, and he gets too comfortable and scores himself extra hours just because of it?

Mikhail had been sleeping for almost seven hours now-more than that if my calculation wasn't limited by my slight disorientation due to fatigue.

Right now, my legs were so numb I was sure blood wasn't being supplied again. And I doubted I would be able to walk even with my clutches when I do get up from the nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to be unsupportive or an ingrate in any way seeing as he deprived himself of sleep because of me. I wasn't opposed to him sleeping for this long in any way. It was just that, it would have benefited us all if he was sleeping on the bed, more comfortable for him even, and I, on the other hand, could move around when I wanted to. He didn't so now I was currently close to peeing on my shorts. I needed to use the bathroom and I didn't know how long I could stall because I had been holding it down for hours hoping he would soon wake up. But the poor man just seemed to be getting more and more comfortable.

The times when I would assume he would soon wake up seeing as he was probably stirring or releasing a heavy sigh, he would disappoint me by curling himself further into the couch, adjusting his head on my lap. I supposed he must have forgotten it wasn't just some fluffy pillow his head was placed on but someone's freaking legs.

Seeing him drop his constant amour and accepting to rest was definitely a beautiful sight I would think carefully before considering to trade for something more precious. He hadn't rested in months, and I would love it if he could even sleep longer than this. But my legs had gone from being numb to hurting. I didn't want to lift his head and wake him up. But at the same time, the pee was pressing harder against my bladder, and I wouldn't be very nice or hygienic for a grown young woman like me to pee on my body. That was totally gross and a sight I didn't want to ever see.

Trying to be considerate still, I waited for another five minutes more, just to see if he would wake up but there was no sign.

So I gave up. I chose to be done being selfless at this point.

Gently placing my right hand under his head, I raised it up by merely a fraction, careful not to be too rough. I saw his brows furrow, a grimace on, so I paused my action, my heart almost flying to my throat.

Waiting around for a few seconds with no movement from him, I carefully wiggled my ass on the chair until I slid out completely, placing his head gently on it.

His brows knitted again, and his lashes began to flutter.

Shit!

Abort mission!

Mission abort!

"A-zania." My heart skipped when my name slipped from his slightly parted lips, but his eyes didn't open yet, though.

"I'm here. I'm here." I chanted below my breath, leaning closer to him with my hand diving gently into his hair, fingers softly combing through it. His face relaxed, the frown dissipating quickly.