s i x t y

________________________________

WEATHER FOR TWO
____________________________

"I was thinking." Shiro's surprisingly deep voice cut through the silence after a scoop of his mint choco ice cream went down his throat, "Why don't we go on a vacation? You know, like a little tour outside the country after our exams?"

It was an exciting idea. If only I could actually nod my head to it.

"That would be really nice though." I voiced my thought, scraping out the last possible scoop of my raspberry ripples with the tiny plastic spoon. Taking the last drop of heaven to my mouth, I sighed in goodness, loving the way it melted on my tongue and how the whining winter wind combed through the curls of my hair, threatening to drag the tendrils on an aimless journey to the unknown.

It was a quarter past one, the sun barely peeking through the unholy mixture of shale-gray clouds and pasty streaks. Its glow was limited and dull which made the warmth of it to be hardly felt over the gripping hold of winter.

Our finals commenced last week. We had been bombarded with writing three to four papers in a day because that was what the board wanted, even though I failed to understand what was with all the hurry when it was just the 20th of November and other schools hadn't even started yet. Although some students said they were rushing us so we could study for the Unified State Examination—the exam all Russian high school graduates take in order to secure admission into universities or any colleges. But the truth was, the USE wasn't going to commence until May and June which was about seven months away. How dumb were we that we needed seven months to study for an exam of fourteen subjects? 

They were literally choking us with exams, though thank God, the questions were reasonably not complex because I had been exiting exam halls since the commencement with a satisfactory smile on. 

We were done with today's exam but the school wouldn't let us go home even though we had nothing else to do. So everyone was out of their classes, many coupling up in the hallway, on the terrace, in the janitor's closet, under the bleachers, in the football field, at the basketball court, the school hall, and right about anywhere comfortable to kiss, grope and have steamy sex with your lover.

I would be lying if I said watching the couples being all touchy didn't affect me or make me feel jealous that I wasn't cuddling with someone in this weather for two.

 I would just roll my eyes and laugh alongside Shiro and Elizabeth when they would make fun of them but internally, I thought of Mikhail. His kisses, his touches, the spread of his warmth especially when the weather was unnecessarily chilly like this one.

Damn, I was such a gone girl.

Anyway, since everyone else was stuck in their own perfect bubble, we decided to step out of the school since it was allowed as far as we had the pass from the hall monitor. And I was sure the hall monitor offered us the pass so we wouldn't keep disturbing his makeout sessions with some busty brunette against his locker.

We went to the coffee shop next street and drank an unhealthy amount because we were exhausted, the ventilation was great...we just couldn't leave. Finally leaving, we stopped by a thrift shop to look at cool clothes even though we had no intention of purchasing any now. We weren't even with cash for clothes. We only had the one for food. To be honest, I didn't even know how the cash I always found in my bags got there. I didn't really care. If I ever do need to investigate, I would definitely point at Mikhail. I mean, who else would keep such an amount of cash in my bag?

Anyway, we also made many stops by miscellaneous street food stands to consume junk and regret it later. The last stop was the ice cream shop. Everyone got their desired flavor and we decided to get back to school because it was already 1:30 PM and our rides, excluding Shiro, because the dude was literally his own man, would soon breeze into the school.