s e v e n t y - f i v e

________________

MIKHAIL
__________________

Very rough chapter. a few things might sound like I was drunk while writing it. apologies ahead :) <33

____________

I had always adored her innocence, although something always told me it was only temporary. 

Even though in my arms she looked like if I her held her too tight she could break in halves, that if I handled her too roughly she would wither away, I waited for the day she would awaken that power, the strength of a thousand mighty men that dwelt within a discreet corner of her soul.

I remembered how many times I felt I couldn't wait for her rebellion hours. When the world would finally learn to cower away whenever she breathed, the unexpected reign of an angel with a streak of darkness.

And as much as signs of that power in her was starting to metamorphose, I was a little worried, scared that she might lose herself to it at the end. She might lose control. And I didn't want that. I didn't want her to be one of the many things I touched only to destroy. I wanted her to be a powerful queen, but never at the expense of her beautiful soul. I didn't want her to stop seeing life in colors. I didn't want her to stop holding a positive energy towards the world. 

I wanted her to be one that one rare good thing in my life. I never wanted her to stray too far away. But if this her quest for absolute power were to go awry and I lose her to the darkness, I would die of guilt. 

She was tearing her world apart bit by bit just to be with me. She had cut away the life she had lived so preciously for fifteen years just so she could secure a place next to me.

And it sucked because I was too selfish to stop her. To let her go before the darkness would consume her whole. Before she would lose her soul to the devil just like me.

 I didn't need her to sacrifice so much just for a man like me. I wasn't worth anything. I wasn't worth more than hate from the world and purgatory in the afterlife. I wasn't, not even a shred of vein in my beating heart was worth the love or devotion of an angel like my Malyshka. 

I should let her go. Set her free before she would turn into something the world wouldn't recognize. I should push her away before she would live such a life of misery and pain just because she loved a devil like me.

But we all knew this fact already. I was a selfish asshole, a psychopath with not a trace of humanity. I had an unquenchable desire to possess her in ways no man had ever possessed a woman. I couldn't live without her. Had marked her as mine from the very moment I set my eyes on her. And if there was a world where she wasn't by my side, that world must cease to exist. For I would tear it down. I would set it ablaze, watch it burn to ashes. And in those same ashes, I would search with craze for a shadow of her. 

I couldn't let her go. She was mine. Even her creator would have to think twice before taking her away from me.

She was mine to love, to protect. Mine to touch, mine to break, mine to fuck.

I would kill anyone that felt they had a different opinion. 

"Mikhail!" 

All it took me to bolt out of the shower, covered in soap from head to toe, the towel I could grab barely held together by my waist, was the panic I heard when she cried out my name.

My heart had leapt to my throat as I dashed for her.

"Azania?!" 

I hadn't even seen what hurt her, be it a living being or a mere object, but anger at the source of the pain roiled like forest fire in my chest.