s i x t y - f i v e

____________________________

BURN IN HELL
______________________

[This chapter is a bit messy. Will adjust it later. Have a nice read]

_________

"I bet you thought he was the only man on earth when you woke up from the coma." Shiro said from where he was sprawled on my bed, a copy of TODAY'S CHRONICLES— the nation's newspaper, clutched in his hands. The paper was the legendary one that always featured Mikhail Varkov's cases.

"Yeah, sorta." I replied, trying to get the hoop earrings to pass through the hole. I wasn't so big on jewelry that even the simplest of it all like earrings didn't usually appeal to me. And because it had been a long time since I had on an earring, it seemed the hole was closing up.

"And you trusted him." He sighed, his attention zeroed on a particular page. I bet it was the one about Mikhail. I had been bringing up all the newspapers in the living room to my room lately, suddenly finding strange interest in what the country had on him or all the devious things he had done. I had a lot strewn everywhere in the room that Shiro didn't stress to stumble upon one. Some were on my bed, on the couch, floor and dressing table. 

They were everywhere.

"He was pretty." I gave the pathetic excuse, hardly ashamed of it. What was I to do? I woke from three months of sleep with no memory and beside me was a man so beautiful, it made my heart ache.

"How typical." From the mirror, I saw his eyes move to me before they returned to the paper, "Only Azania will fall in love with a criminal because he's pretty."

"Don't judge me." I warned but with a playful tone.

I saw the corner of his lips tug upward.

There was silence for a while, the only sound being my heavy breathing which was all thanks to the tight dress Shiro had forced me into, and that was currently choking me half to death.

He figured out how moody and angry I was. I ended up telling him about who Mikhail truly was, everything I knew about him. And like a listener, he only listened and didn't judge me. 

When I was done, he had a theory. Mikhail was probably my father's friend. He fell in love with me after seeing me with dad. And when dad went to the army because apparently, that was what I had told Filip Petrov once upon a time, and Filip ended up telling Shiro some weeks ago too after we met at Shiro's house. 

Shiro believed dad leaving me behind to go to the army was a golden opportunity Mikhail saw so he took it and kidnapped me in the process. That was how I ended up in his house.

For some reason, his theory sounded reasonable so I started to think hard about it. I mean, if I don't get my memory back anytime soon and fix all these puzzle pieces, I was just going to buy and adapt to Shiro's story.

Anyway, we talked about everything about Mikhail and how he had disappeared for days now after making a scene in the bathroom.

Shiro felt if he truly loved me like I had described, then he would come running if he heard I left the house. So we decided we should kill two birds with one stone and go to the club like we had planned days ago. He was confident that even if Mikhail was somewhere across the Pacific Ocean, he would find his way to that club and drag me out.