f i f t y - f o u r

______________________________

WATCH IT BURN
_________________________________/

[ This chapter is hella long, lol. Forgive me for the extremely delayed update, guys. Life happened. And happy new year, babes! Let's unleash our inner baddies this year, okay? Great!]

•_______________________________________________•

I wasn't afraid of heights, at least I didn't think I was since I didn't turn around and bolt the very moment I realised we were going to have the date on the rooftop of PAREIDOLIA, the biggest and first ever ten star hotel in the heart Russia. And the shocker was, it also happened to belong to Mikhail.

Apparently, he built it when he was twenty.

How lucky of him. I was nineteen today, going to be twenty next year and the only thing I must have probably ever built to resemble a house was a sand castle, which I was sure, definitely didn't stand the wave. And I didn't see myself cashing out anytime soon to build myself a hundred floors glass house just to oppress the government.

"Just answer the damn question. When is it gonna be fixed?!" I was snapped out of my thoughts again by the gravy voice of Mikhail barking at someone on the phone.

I sighed. It had been like this for the past few hours.

"And what the hell have you idiots been doing if you haven't figured out what the problem is?!" I tilted my head to look at him. He was pacing back and forth on the open space, his free hand angrily working on his tie as he tried to loosen it.

I shook my head, turning my attention back to the city below me, leaning my weight against the iron railing.

The way the streetlights, the car headlights and the lights from buildings all rallied closely from this point made it look like the sky was turned upside down and now the stars were just beneath my feet.

Such a beautiful sight.

"Spare me the bullshit and fix it! For crying out loud it's been hours." I couldn't help an eye roll at his finally growl into the speaker before the line went dead.

I expected the sound of his cell phone crashing against a wall to follow but I didn't. He definitely knew to fight the rage because he still needed the phone for tonight. 

"Still nothing?" I asked when a persistent silence followed, before the sound of his footsteps approaching me was heard.

I knew when he reached me as the heat of his presence immediately fought off the cold I was feeling, thanks to the exposing spaghetti strap red dress those makeup artists slash wardrobe assistant had squeezed me into. 

"No. They are still trying to fix the error." He replied softly, strong arms wounding around my waist before his face found in the crook of my neck, a resting place, his nose brushing against my skin as he breathed in my scent.

"Stop getting worked up over it, okay." I tried to pacify him when I felt him vibrating against me as he tried to chain down his anger.

"These bunch of bastards are getting a kick out of riling me the fuck up tonight." he murmured, warm breath tickling my neck while his hold tightened, "I didn't want to be angry, baby. Not tonight, not right now, but it's so fucking frustrating and I'm losing it."

"It's okay." my hand brushed gently over his, patting the unblemished though hard skin, "I'm sure it will be okay. Maybe they're even very close to fixing it now."