t w e n t y - t h r e e

______

Lately, I had started to pay too much attention to how sexually appealing Mr Varkov was. Yes, it had always been an undeniable fact which I, of course, accepted the very first day I met him in my house. He was a walking sex god. But I had always been pretty okay shrugging it off and not looking at him like I would look at a man I would want to take me to bed.

But somehow, after the very steamy, unusual though weirdly comfortable incident in his art room where he took off my shirt and kind of touched me in ways I had never been touched by literally anyone before, I started to subconsciously think about him. Especially at night. And I wasn't just talking about innocent thoughts like grabbing ice cream together, chatting over a shared cup of macchiato or watching horror movies and screaming our heads off. I meant, dirty, sinful and dark thoughts.

I found myself sometimes playing and replaying in my head the way my body reacted to the subtle touch of his lips on my skin, the feel of his hands on my breast and the heat I felt in between my legs at the sound of his voice against my ear.

It was wrong, in whichever angle I chose to see it from. To think about someone like that. Not just anyone, but my father's boss, who might I add, was an older man and let's not forget, my kidnapper which meant I was definitely supposed to be uncomfortable around him, not think about him touching me.

"What are you thinking about?" His deep voice snuck into my thoughts, snapping me back to reality. My eyes swam back to him but his eyes were focused on the road, his jaws still as hard as it was since he came to pick me up from school.

Today, he was almost an hour late, though I barely even noticed because I had Filip and the assistant captain of the basketball team, Shiro Gusev, keeping me company.

It had been a month already since I told Filip I had a crush on him, and I was starting to make peace with my fate and adjusting well with my reality. The pain of seeing him with Aaron and understanding that he was never meant for me didn't hurt as much any more. If it was excruciating before, it was a dull sting that would come and go as quickly as it came whenever I sighted him alone or with Aaron.

Filip and I had started to become buddies comfortably and platonically. And there was no more awkwardness. And two weeks ago, I was at my usual table having lunch alone as usual when he came over with the assistant captain of his team, Shiro Gusev. I used to always see the two of them together with Aaron. They were pretty close, like the three musketeers or something, especially during their games or practices. Like Aaron, I had never really had much interaction with Shiro. Maybe a small smile thrown each other's way if we crossed paths at the parking lot, classes or hallway.

Anyways, when they appeared at my table unexpectedly and said they came to join me, I was a bit uncomfortable but when Shiro opened his mouth and started to talk, I couldn't help loosening up. The guy was humorous from his facial expressions to the things he would just effortlessly say just to crack us up.

After that day, it became a habit; them always coming to meet me at my table during lunch. Aaron would tag along sometimes but not often. It used to be awkward between us because it seemed as though we were rivals but it got better. We got better and overlooked whatever it was that was supposed to make us enemies or something.

Anyways, today again we met at my table for lunch, Aaron included. We separated after lunch to our various classes only to cross paths again after closing time. Shiro and Filip decided to keep me company as Aaron already left with his mom while I waited for my ride. We got talking about the colleges we would love to apply to and some many other things. We got so carried away I didn't even know when thirty minutes flew past us and Mr Varkov's car pulled into the lot.