The Brother's Rebellion

Second Prince's Bedroom, Moon Chamber 2nd Floor, Imperial Palace

His bedroom is located on the second floor of the Moon Chamber, where Ernest June Anglem, second in line to the throne, lives. As he has no household, he lives here virtually alone, apart from his attendants and servants. In one corner of the house, a disturbing group of people, coming through a corridor from the Valley Chamber, appeared in the darkness. When they stood in front of the targeted room, they grasped the door handle and quietly opened the door. Inside the room, on a bed, the Second Prince Ernest was asleep. He did not even notice the intruders. The group of intruders approached the defenseless Second Prince in silence. And then...

"Nngh...!?"

Suddenly, Ernest was unbearably awakened by a crushing sensation that hit him. Looking around, he saw the Imperial Guards, who are supposed to protect the Imperial Family, holding his limbs down with obvious hostility. He tried to call for help, but even his mouth is blocked and he cannot even speak.

'Damn it! What are you doing!?'

Ernest struggled to break free from the lock, but he is unable to resist against the brawny arms of the strong soldiers. In the meantime, one of the Guardsmen took a vial from his pocket. The soldier who had been holding Ernest's mouth now pried it open with both hands. The Guard holding the vial confirmed this, opened the lid of the bottle and poured the liquid inside into Ernest's mouth.

"!?"

He tried to unbearably spit out the foreign object that had entered his mouth, but his mouth is immediately closed and he swallowed most of it.

"Gahh...! What did you make me drink!?"

Despite the prince's frantic demanding, the Imperial Guardsmen did not break their ruthless gaze and did not answer anything. Then, a few dozen seconds after the liquid is drunk, a change occurred in Ernest's body.

"Ugh...! Gaahaaaa!!"

He is unable to breathe and felt pain in a broad area of his chest, from his jugular to his shoulders and neck. He vomited up gastric juices and his body was struck by strong convulsions.

"The guilty have been judged. Contact Prince Alphon."

One of the Guards, who had been watching the scene, looked unconcerned and instructed his fellow Guard to send word that the mission was completed. Afterwards, having finished the communication, they left the suffering Second Prince on the bed and headed for the door to leave the room.

'W-wait...! Where are you going!?'

Reaching his right hand towards the back of several soldiers moving away, Ernest tried to ask where they are, but only inaudible sounds come out of his mouth, which cannot breathe.

'Father, Mother, brother, please... run...!'

There was the sound of a door closing. At the same time, Ernest's consciousness vanished, and his right hand, which was reaching for the door, sank onto the bed lifelessly.

Bedroom of the Emperor and Empress, Imperial Pavilion 2nd Floor

After being attacked in his vulnerable state, Emperor Fasta III was grabbed by both arms behind his back and unable to do anything about it. His gaze fell on the mastermind of the incident.

"Alphon... you have lost your mind...!"

"Silence, great sinner."

Alphon gave the emperor a look so cold that it was hard to believe that he was directing it at his own brother. Behind him, the Empress, Michele, already poisoned and unconscious, was lying on the floor.