Explanations

****Delilah's POV****

"You're still here." Dami was the first to reach me as all the others made their way over, instantly wrapping me into a hug and lifting me off the ground. "It's his loss babe."

I could feel the relief from everyone as they went and gave me a hug, thankfully managing to avoid Gemma and Luca. 

"Some guy is going to walk in here and be the perfect guy for you." Amber assured me as we all dispersed. "Don't let this knock you."

"I just feel shit man, I'm going to go inside and just calm down."

"Do you want me to come with?"

"No, go spend some time with Dami. I'll speak to you later."

"Love you girl."

I feel like this place was becoming a bit of my safe haven right now but I took myself off upstairs and went out onto the terrace. Taking a peak through the railings I could see everyone off in their couples and here was little old me sat on my own once again. I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself and found Gemma and Luca in this little alcove away from everyone, she was almost sat on his knee and they had their hands intertwined. I wanted in every ounce of my body to just move on from this but all I could feel was just anger and disappointment in myself for believing I even had a chance there, like why couldn't he have just been honest with me. 

I stayed up on my own as I heard everyone else move around and start to come inside. "What are you doing out here alone?" Indiyah and Afia came out closely followed by all the girls except Ekin-Su. 

"Just thinking."

"Oh babe," Indiyah pulled me close to her side for a cuddle. "It's only week one, I'm sure some bombshell will walk in here just for you."

"I really hope so. Just standing down there was like being picked last in PE or being the odd one in the friendship group,  that was the hard part for me."

Gemma looked really nervous as she spoke up. "I obviously didn't want to do this in front of everyone but it feels wrong not to say it now, I hope this doesn't effect anything between us."

Between us? Honey I think that all went when you wanted to kiss him yesterday. 

"I don't want this to come across as patronising or harsh but honestly Gemma I think the way you've acted over these past few days has maybe proven that there was never any respect for me on your behalf."

"Why would you say that?"

"You asked Luca if he would kiss you yesterday and never once did you come and speak to me about what was going on, when Afia and Ekin-Su came in we spoke about communication and trust and you've basically just left me in the lurch."

"But that was our first conversation, like I had no idea this was going to happen."

"I'm not saying you knew what was going on in his head, because lets be honest I wouldn't trust a word he says, but a head's up would have been appreciated. Maybe that's just me but I feel like that would have been a respectful thing to do." She seemed to quieten down at that and shrunk back into her seat.

"Where does this leave you and Luca?" Afia asked. 

"I need to speak to him but for me the trust has gone, like how can I trust a word he says to me."

"I would just give it time, see if some new boys come in and take your fancy." Indiyah said. "Keep being you and just enjoy yourself."

"I'll try."

"Hey girls, am I alright to grab Delilah for a chat?" Of course it had to be Luca. 

"I'll see you all inside." I answered for them, silence taking over as just us two were left. "Congratulations."