Our Story

****Delilah's POV****

A couple of weeks after leaving the villa it was my 26th birthday and contrary to my wishes, the plans for the day were being kept a complete secret from me. These last weeks have been quite tough transitioning from seeing Will every day to me being in Essex at my parent's house with Theo and Will being in London but we kept up our promise of making an effort and we've both travelled to see each other when possible. Though I wouldn't consider us having had a proper romantic date, we have done little things together and he slept over at my house, though again he reluctantly held off us going any further. 

"Ready for our first stop of the day." Will had insisted on picking Theo and I up that morning, ready for a full day planned together. 

"You know I would have been happy with a takeaway and a nice bottle of wine."

"We can do that every weekend, I want to treat the birthday girl. Plus Theo and I had a chat and we think mummy will like this surprise won't she."

"You'll love it mummy." Theo spoke up from his seat in the back, his iPad occupying him for a the journey which I recognised was into London. 

"Have you two been keeping secrets behind my back?"

"For your own good."

The high spirits were kept up for the short journey until I recognised we pulled up outside the SeaLife centre. 

"So Theo told me you like fish and he always wanted to go so I thought...." His nervous rambling was cut off by a peck on the lips. "I know it's a bit lame and you was probably expecting something a bit more romantic for your birthday."

"This is perfect." I cut off his apologies. "Come on who wants to see the fish."

"Me!"

Seeing Theo's face light up at all the different species made it all worth it, not to mention my excitement at being able to stroke some of them. Will had definitely made an effort to suit all our needs as we then went off and had lunch before having ice creams at his family parlour. 

"Ready for your next surprise." Theo asked as we finished up, ice cream all over his face as I tried to clean him up. 

"There's more?"

"Duh,"

"But I think you'll be needing this." I wasn't expecting another voice to join us and I turned round to find Natalya behind me with a suitcase in her hand. 

"What are you doing here?" I greeted her with a hug as she took a seat. 

"I'm here to collect Theo and let you two spend the night together. 

"What's in the suitcase?"

"Just some things I think you might need."

"So do you know where I'm going?"

"Yeah but my lips are sealed. I know you're going to love it though so we'll leave you guys to it. Say bye to mummy Theo."

"Bye mummy."

"Have a good rest of the day darling."

I was really confused now as we watched the two of them leave before a taxi came to collect us but I kept my questions inside as we pulled up outside the train station. 

"Ok what's going on? Where are we going?"

"I think we'll need these." He pulled a little card out of his bag which I opened to find 2 train tickets direct to Paris. 

"We're going to Paris?"

"The city of love for our first proper date."

If the morning wasn't good enough for me, this was absolutely blowing my mind. From the hotel room Will had booked which had a direct view of the Eiffel tower, to the quaint little restaurant he chose for our evening meal.