Movie Night: The Aftermath

****Delilah's POV****

The second hand embarrassment I knew would come later but right now as Will led me into the bathroom, I couldn't help but collapse in his arms probably sobbing so loud they could hear me in the garden. I think tonight just brought back all the fears I had coming in here and now I knew I would have to address them all over again. 

"Come on, we all need a good cry once in a while." I heard him whisper, lowering us both to the floor as we sat by side side leaning against the counter. We must have been there for at least ten minutes before I eventually managed to calm down, the continuous circles being drawn on my back to calm me down. "Talk to me, sometimes it's best to just let it all out."

"Coming in here I thought no one would want me because I had a child, that's why at the start I said it because I'd rather not have that conversation further down the line and have more heartache."

"Keep going." He whispered, not saying anything back as I just ranted at the floor. 

"I'm so proud having him and all I ever want to do is make him proud and be the best mum possible but it's so hard and sometimes I just need someone to lean on sometimes. So to then hear that those comments have been made just makes me feel like I just don't want to be here anymore. I can probably count on one hand the number of people out there I can trust now. We haven't even really even had that conversation yet and now you're hearing all these comments, it's hardly a ringing endorsement"

"Can I say something?"

"Of course."

"I've known those people out there what 4 days, truthfully right now I couldn't give a flying fuck about their opinion on how I should feel about this and they shouldn't have said that about Jacques. What's annoying me more right now is that I would never speak about my friend the way Dami spoke to you, regardless of where we're at right now I never want to see someone upset like this."

"I genuinely thought when we were away he would have my back and then I hear these comments. I've spoken about being a mum to him, he seemed like one of my biggest supporters and then to hear those comments." I could feel my anger rising by the second. "Then to hear that from Coco, I've been probably the most welcoming of the girls to her and then to hear that she's been talking shit about me when she didn't even know me. She can fuck off if she thinks I'm even being civil in here."

"What do you want to do now?"

"Honestly I feel like walking out that door." I told him truthfully. 

"You know you always have control." He said. "But if you do that they win, they take this opportunity you've got and smash it up in front of you. I know even from these first few days that you're not a quitter."

"I'm not."

"So show them that. I've got your back whatever but don't let them win."

I knew what he was saying is true and hearing him say that I knew I would never give them the satisfaction of letting this break me. Just when happy Delilah was coming back I knew some of them had to see the other side of me again. "I don't even know where to start though, I've got about five people to confront out there."

"I think you'll know what to do when you go out there but just do what you're head is telling you to do."

"I will."

****

I let us just sit in there for a few more minutes before we made our move. As I walked back out into the garden, Will's hand lightly grazing my back in support I could see the boys were over by the mini firepit and the girls were scattered around. As much as I had no clue what to do first I knew my first point was with Dami, his comments hurt me the most and that meant confronting the boys.