Snaky

****Deliliah's POV****

"Luca." 

I know I should feel bad for Gemma but my overwhelming emotion was just relief that she hadn't picked Jacques, I know she could still be interested in him but this was at least one obstacle that we'd managed to avoid. I could finally lift my head up at that point and ignored Luca going to hug Gemma and focused on Jacques who had his signature smirk on his face as he gave me a wink. 

Next up in the recoupling was Tasha who went for Andrew, promptly followed by Amber who picked Dami. 

Ekin-Su was the next one to couple up. "I've decided to couple up with this boy because he's made me feel a certain way I haven't felt. I felt like the connection between me and him was something I haven't had in a long time. And he made me feel like a little girl at christmas opening her presents and I haven't felt like this in a long time. And I wanted to go for my feelings and I'm very excited to see where this could go. So the boy I want to couple up with is Jay."

Gemma was then up. "I want to couple up with this boy because I think in the last few days he's really started to show his personality in here, his funny side and I think everyone can agree that we love that side to him. I think obviously the guy that I was supposed to be coupled up with is taken. But the boy I want to couple up with is Davide."

Which left me with the next prompt to stand up. 

"I would like to couple up with this boy because when I'm with him I feel like I can truly be myself. Even though we've only known each other a short period of time it feels very natural when I'm with him and he makes me feel comfortable all the time."

"I've turned into a soppy girl again and even though I hate that side of me I also can't thank him enough for allowing me to feel like that again and I'm excited to see where this could go. So the boy I would like to couple up with is..."

"Jacques."

I don't know who was smiling more as he came over, planting a small kiss on my lips before sitting down with me, his arm resting on my shoulders. "I should be the one thanking you." He whispered. "Was that nerve racking?"

"I think my heart is still pounding now."

Indiyah was the last girl left standing and she had Ikenna and Remi to choose from, whoever wasn't picked would be dumped from the island.

"I would like to couple up with this boy because he is handsome, he makes me smile and he's such a gentleman. I feel like he's starting to peel off his layers now and I'm excited to get to know him and happy to see what could happen between us in the future. So the boy I'd like to couple up with is Ikenna."

I think everyone is upset when someone goes and they haven't really had their chance in here, it must be hard when people are starting to close themselves off and are maybe reluctant to get to know other guys. But Remi was a gentleman and we gave him a good send off, hoping he would find love on the outside.

*****

Once we'd seen Remi off we moved back into the garden and we were all stood in the kitchen chatting about what had happened, with Danica taking Luca off. 

"I kind of admire her for having the balls to pick Luca." I told Indiyah as I stood between Jacques' legs as he sat on the counter. "Don't get me wrong I would be saying something completely different is she picked Jacques so I can understand why Gemma might be upset."

"I get it but then at the same time she's given herself an added obstacle, like if Luca does close himself off then she's basically got to go and graft another guy."

"I kind of didn't like his reaction though, he was borderline rude I think with not even acknowledging her."

"I think it's hard to understand where the line is drawn." Jacques said. "Like he's probably just being cautious because he doesn't want Gemma to get the wrong end of the stick."