Battle of Glenkia Peninsula, Second Round 2

December 17, Noon

At sea 40 km north of Lucinia

As during the naval battle 12 days earlier, four destroyers were lined up side by side on the sea. The 13th Escort Squadron was there to protect the city of Lucinia and its base. The citizens of Lucinia have once again been advised to evacuate through the Elmstacian government, and are being asked to retreat to the air base further inland. And as before, the coast of Lucinia was fortified by Elmstacian forces.

As for the F-2 fighters, they did not participate in the battle because they had exhausted their air-to-air missiles, and as for the 20 mm machine guns, they had already consumed more than two-thirds of their ammunition in the previous battle, and some aircraft had consumed all of their ammunition.

Flagship Shimakaze CIC

The crews of the vessels lined up at sea to intercept the approaching enemy were busy with their own thoughts. Their faces, as they watched the various radars, were somewhat tense and anxious. The mission this time was to buy time, so to speak, until the reinforcements arrived. However, against the enemy air force, which probably numbered more than 100, they had only their ship's guns and 11 anti-air missiles, which was not very encouraging.

"The enemy fleet will appear shortly."

From the positions observed by the P-3C Orion on patrol, the movements and positions of the enemy fleet were generally predicted. All that remained was to wait for the enemy to appear. Each ship's Harpoon tubes are loaded with a total of seven ship-launched Harpoons, the last anti-ship missiles that the Lucinia Base possesses. However, since the enemy had probably taken some countermeasures after yesterday's surprise attack, it was unlikely that they would be as effective as they had been at that time in sinking the dragon-carrying ships, so they would not be used in this battle.

"Surface search radar contact. Enemy fleet confirmed at 48 kilometers away."

The first to detect the enemy was the surface search radar (OPS-28B) located at the top of the Shimakaze's main mast. The crew became increasingly nervous as the enemy finally appeared. The planet Terralus is 1,4 times the size of the Earth. Therefore, the distance to horizon is longer than that of the Earth, and the radar's search area for water targets has expanded.

"As soon as the enemy ship or enemy air force is in range of our guns, we will begin our attack!"

The voice of the commander carries through the CIC. The men were like hunters waiting for their prey to be caught in a trap, waiting for the enemy fleet to enter the range of the ship's guns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flagship Civille

A fleet of 625 ships, reduced by 45 ships due to the missile attacks the previous day, was advancing at sea. The sight of 625 large sailing ships running with the wind in their sails was truly a sight to behold.

"We have spotted what appears to be enemy ships ahead!"

A sailor looking out over the horizon from the top of a mast spotted a structure on board a destroyer, peeking out from beyond the horizon. It was not one, but four huge ships he could see.

"At last, here we come! If we keep going like this for another two hours, we'll be in range of the enemy ship's guns..." Godfrow murmured.

He knew the rumors, albeit fragmentary, about the Japanese war effort and capabilities. In particular, the unmatched and accurate continuous fire of the ship's guns and Fire Control System had become a source of interest and fear for navies of all nations. Upon learning of the arrival of such a fearsome enemy, Godfrow gave his order.