Recur

(I apologize, this chapter gets a little weird and kinda gross with a few things, I warned you)

The beginning of this chapter takes place after Megumi gave the mother of Tadashi (the random dude inside the innate domain) his nametag (This is like ep 4? or 5 I believe)

Megumi's POV

Yuji and I had a different way of seeing things but I still liked him nonetheless. Y/n and I saw things the same I suppose. I sure wish she was still here. Who am I going to go to when I have to let out steam after being in Gojo's vicinity all day?

I was walking away from the house that I just dropped that name tag off to. I was on the sidewalk with my hands in my pockets. My eyes were glued to the horizontal lines in the pavement that I continuously stepped across as I was in deep thought.

She was kind of like a big sister to me. The way she would tease me sometimes, but she always knew when to stop, unlike Gojo. Even if I did act annoyed towards her it was never really true annoyance around her. She was like a breath of fresh air compared to the others. It's all part of life though. The people that don't deserve to be taken away, die too early. The ones that don't deserve a long happy life outlast others and continue to taint the world with their darkness.

They snuff out the remaining light in this world. Those poor innocent people that are just trying to help others. Y/n didn't deserve to die. Yuji didn't deserve to die. He doesn't deserve to die at all but he has to die anyway after he consumes all the fingers...

I stopped walking and I tilted my head back, my eyes studying the sky. The cerulean of it, the rounded doughy clouds.

"I have no clue if there's someone up there, but if there is, please bring Y/n back. I'll have to force myself to eventually learn to get on without her but it's just difficult right now. It was too soon for me..."

No response....well obviously no response, I'm talking to fucking clouds...I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just doing anything that'll help me feel better or find some closure about Y/n.

I shook my head, bringing my eyes forward, and I continued walking.

I'll just take a shortcut to go train with the 2nd years...I'm already going to be late.

I took a shortcut, which consisted of desolated street areas. The point was to avoid people so that I could get there faster. There were still a few people here and there walking down the street, probably coming home from grocery shopping, or just going out in general. Though a girl caught my attention. I'm not sure why. I would only glance at people here and there, but this girl...I couldn't look away. It was weird to see someone that young walking around this specific area. While staring, I noticed something that gave me a slight smile.

She kind of looks like Y/n.

I would've thought it was Y/n, but she's not that small. That girl is a bit smaller. Y/n is like 19 I'm pretty sure, it wouldn't be her. Maybe my mind is making me see things, Maybe this is coping? Trying to find comfort in imitations of her? I'm not sure.

We passed each other on opposite sides of the street. I stopped looking at her and tried to carry on with my path until I heard a quiet voice call out..my name?

"Megumi?"

I'm hearing things, keep walking.

"Megumi!"

I began to walk faster. Stop it brain! I know I miss her but stop! This is hurting me...hearing her voice again.

"Should I just keep walking...I am a little disoriented. I could be seeing things and it's not him. Maybe if I say something only I would know if I knew him." The girl put her hands around the sides of her mouth to try and make herself louder. "Megumi! Turn the fuck around, you're trying to leave faster than your dad!"