Girls

E/c- eye color

"Ugh, boys. This is why I swing in the opposite direction." She sighed rolling her eyes and she reached for her phone that sat right next to her. "I could stay here all night though."

Amari went on her phone until she fell asleep herself about 45 minutes later.

3:30 am

You didn't normally have nightmares. You actually didn't remember most of your dreams. This recent one though, it made you jolt yourself wide awake. You weren't one to cry easily, especially over a dream, you were a bit shaken up though. You were so tired, you hadn't processed that you were laying on someone, you put your head back down and a voice surprised you.

"Hey sleepyhead, you're awake."

You turned your head and your E/c eyes met with Amari's tired grey ones. "Hi?"

"You're still at my house if that's what you're wondering." She gave you a small smile.

"I must've fallen asleep before the movie ended."

"Yea you did, that's okay though. We can always finish it whenever. I'm a little worried though."

You closed your eyes as you tried to hang on to your tiredness. "What are you worried about?"

"You."

"Huh? What's there to worry about with me?"

"I saw the way you jolted, I can tell something scared you awake."

"Yea, you're right." You said bluntly.

"I'm not prying though. You don't have to tell me, it was just something I noticed."

"All my friends died, that's all...it's just a dream though. My friends dying before me won't ever happen. I would risk my life for someone I cared about. So if the people around me are dying, I must already be dead because I would've already been fighting to begin with, even if I'm not strong."

"You must really care about the bonds you make then."

You concurred. "I hold them as close to my heart as I can, but I can't just hold everyone you know, they have to show me that I'm just as important to them too. What's the point of having someone that won't have your back in every situation? I'm not putting effort into a relationship that's one-sided because then it's not a real relationship. Relationships do take time though, so I don't immediately cut them off. Most people deserve a second chance and not everyone knows how to communicate easily."

"Yea I agree, and if they choose not to work or put effort, they're out of my life!" Amari said.

"Exactly! I'm not wasting my time after trying to help you."

"I wish I had your insight years ago. I've been fucked over a couple of times by fake people. I let them trample on me and take advantage of my generosity, but now I'm better. I'm more confident, and if you don't wanna appreciate what I do for you? Bye."

"This just proves great minds think alike." You said with content.

"Well thank you for the compliment."

"No problem. I'm glad to meet another girl. Not that I don't love my other friend, it'd just be nice to have more girls around me I suppose. I'm surrounded by dumb men throughout the day. Except for one, he's actually level-headed but the other two could use some work to be honest.

"I know how you feel. Kent and Elliot can be complete airheads sometimes. I like you, you are seriously a breath of fresh air. I'm sure you've heard that before."