A Night to Remember

(Sit tight, this is my longest chapter so far. Enjoy :)

"Y/n!" The girl said as she jumped onto your bed.

"Elaine! You don't have to jump so hard! You're knocking off my stuffed anime characters! You knocked poor Eren onto the floor." You gave a fake pout as you leaned over and picked your stuffed Eren off the ground, brushing him off and setting him on the side of your bed.

"Sorryy, I want you to do my hair. I like the way you do it. My arms are tired and I'm trying to put on my makeup. Help a girl out! Plus, you know you're the only one that I'd let touch these braids."

"Finee, come here." You grabbed a hair tie off of your beside dresser. "Half up half down?"

"Duh!" She retorted.

"I just wanna make sure." You said as you began working on her hair.

"I met someone today." Elaine said bluntly.

"Met? With the way all the emotion left your voice I'm assuming it's a guy and you're trying to hide your excitement."

"Mayybee." She said as she giggled.

You nodded your head. "Definitely a dude. Spill."

"Well his name's Braxton."

"Sounds like an asshole already." You muttered.

She hit you on your leg and laughed. "Y/n! You never like any guy that I mention to you."

"The only people I like are you and Quinn. I won't like any guy you tell me about unless I meet them first and they show me they can treat you right. You deserve the best Elaine."

"I mean so far he's pretty good. All I see are green flags."

"Oh really? What makes him so good?" You asked her.

"Well we bumped into each other at Aeropostale. He saw my Saweetie shirt and said he listened to her music. Then we just started talking and found out we like a lot of the same things. He also said he loved the way my hair looked! He was so sweet Y/n."

"Don't tell me you're falling in love already?"

"No...not yet. Anyway I got his number and stuff. We might hang out again this weekend."

"If you're going to meet him then I'm coming too." You said jokingly.

Elaine rolled her eyes. "Yea okay mom."

You scoffed at her words. "I am not a mom!"

"You are a mom."

"Fine. I'm kind of a mom. I want you safe but you can do what you want Elaine. If I see him lay a hand on you though it's on sight. I'm not joking. I don't care about how tall or short he is. I'm going after him."

"I'm sure he's fine."

"Well if you're happy I'm happy. I won't come though. I'm not gonna insert myself into a possible date."

"Thank you Y/n. Are you done?"

"Well hold on." You fixed the ponytail to your satisfaction. "I'm done."

"Alright let's go. Put your necklace on so we can match." Elaine said while hopping off your bed.

"How does my necklace match your choker? You have a lotus flower on yours and mine is just a heart locket."

"It doesn't but like, we both are wearing something around our neck. Why do you take your necklace off anyway? It's got a picture of Quinn and you in the locket."

"I don't wear it in the shower. I'd just prefer it to not get wet. I have the worst irrational fear of it falling off and going down the drain, or losing it in the ocean."